Watching games in SF without DirecTV | The Boneyard

Watching games in SF without DirecTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Any West Coasters here? The place I'm potentially moving into won't allow satellite dishes, and I can't tell whether Comcast carries SNY or MASN. Do any of the cable providers out here carry these networks? Does the ESPN FullCourt package carry all of the games?

Reaction Score
Any West Coasters here? The place I'm potentially moving into won't allow satellite dishes, and I can't tell whether Comcast carries SNY or MASN. Do any of the cable providers out here carry these networks? Does the ESPN FullCourt package carry all of the games?

If you can get ESPN3 via your internet/cable provider, you are all set. It is free, unlike full court.

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
If you can get ESPN3 via your internet/cable provider, you are all set. It is free, unlike full court.

Weren't there some fidelity issues with ESPN3 last season?

Reaction Score

If you get FullCourt you'll be fine.

Reaction Score
What kind of place will not allow satellite dishes??? I assume we're talking the small 18 inch type. If the rules are that tight, personally, I'd look elsewhere.

Reaction Score

I live in the Bay Area. You should be able to get Comcast. You can get ESPN Full Court or Game Day if you want on Comcast. All the games on those packages. However, if you have Comcast Internet you can watch all the games on ESPN3.com for free. They have improved the streaming over the years so you should be fine. Broadcasting on ESPN3 is subpar but you can at least see all the games.

As for SNY, we can't get it on Comcast since I tried. Only DirecTV subscribers can get SNY I believe out here. Call your local Comcast rep to see if he can hook you up with a special deal. Usually, they can vs. what's available on their Website.

If we move to NBC, we are all set since all the games will be on Comcast. Comcast owns NBC in case anyone does not know.

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
What kind of place will not allow satellite dishes??? I assume we're talking the small 18 inch type. If the rules are that tight, personally, I'd look elsewhere.

I hear you but hard to turn away decent places when there's just a 1% vacancy rate in the city. Brutal out here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
I live in the Bay Area. You should be able to get Comcast. You can get ESPN Full Court or Game Day if you want on Comcast. All the games on those packages. However, if you have Comcast Internet you can watch all the games on ESPN3.com for free. They have improved the streaming over the years so you should be fine. Broadcasting on ESPN3 is subpar but you can at least see all the games.

As for SNY, we can't get it on Comcast since I tried. Only DirecTV subscribers can get SNY I believe out here. Call your local Comcast rep to see if he can hook you up with a special deal. Usually, they can vs. what's available on their Website.

If we move to NBC, we are all set since all the games will be on Comcast. Comcast owns NBC in case anyone does not know.

Great thanks. So just to be clear, all of our games are picked up by full court? even the november/december non conference cupcakes? What a relief.

Ps- it may be a stretch but are there any uconn bars out here?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc