OT: - Watching Duke lose | The Boneyard

OT: Watching Duke lose

Reaction Score
What are your favorite Duke losses not having to do with UConn? (Because obviously 1999 and 2004 are the top 2).

Here is one of mine.

I miss so much about this video, all of the sounds, commentary,, etc.
Gtown, get ready for the Huskies!

And another:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorite non-uconn loss for duke was 1999 against cincinnati. 3/4 inbounds heave to Kenyon Martin with the dish for a wide open game-winning dunk. Only loss Duke had all year before...

Reaction Score
My favorite was Duke losing to Eastern Michigan and Earl Boykins in 1996. Not sure why but I enjoyed seeing Chris Collins lose. This was somewhat related to UConn as the game was in the first round Indy site. Eastern Michigan went on to lose to UConn in second round. Also the site of UCLA loss to Princeton and I was there. This time of year gave me some sweet memories.

Reaction Score
Lehigh first round of ncaa tournament when Parker was there or Indiana who beat 2002 team that many thought would win title easily Immediately come to mind.

That Duke-Lehigh game was one of the most enjoyable non-UConn games I've ever watched.

Toward the end, the Lehigh coach had obviously had told his players not to go wild and rub it in. The game was essentially over with Duke in the desperation "foul them" mode. Some big kid from Lehigh got fouled at the Duke end, and as he's walking up the court to take the free throws you could see him struggling to keep a straight face and not start laughing. A great march madness moment.

Reaction Score
Why did (does) Duke have so many unlivable kids? It’s almost as though they went out of their way looking for a particular kind. All different but all hateable.

Reaction Score
How could it be anything but this? Just epic! It's like Liston vs Patterson. Start at 47:45 if you don't want to watch the whole thing. One of the most enjoyable 5 minutes you'll ever have.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
My favorite non-uconn loss for duke was 1999 against cincinnati. 3/4 inbounds heave to Kenyon Martin with the dish for a wide open game-winning dunk. Only loss Duke had all year before...
quite possibly the greatest post ever made here

Reaction Score
How could it be anything but this? Just epic! It's like Liston vs Patterson. Start at 47:45 if you don't want to watch the whole thing. One of the most enjoyable 5 minutes you'll ever have.

YES! VERY enjoyable to watch (albeit a bit longer than 5 minutes)! Totally "Taken to the Woodshed and Beaten like Red-headed step-children!" Also great to watch Laettner have a bad game!. Small venue that McNichols Arena in Denver....a very lucky crowd of just over 17,000 fans! Hard to believe that was 30 years ago...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom