Watching college basketball games in the pre shot clock era on ncaa vault | The Boneyard

Watching college basketball games in the pre shot clock era on ncaa vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im trying to watch all the games in chronological order. The pre shotclock and 3 point era is boring as but interesting, what took so long to put up the shot clock and 3 point line in college basketball considering the NBA installed it in the 50s and the 3 point line in the 1979-80 season. I just finished watching the 84 tournament I dont know how that UNC team lost to Indiana that team had Jordan, Perkins, Kenny Smith and Brad Daugherty as freshmen. If Bobby Knight coached Dean Smiths players he has over 5 national championships you could say the same about Calhoun or Coach K for that matter no disrespect just watch that game between UNC vs Indiana in 84.

Reaction Score
Of course I am tempted to skip ahead and watch the Uconn tournament games but I dont wanna cheat.

Reaction Score
The 1977 Marquette vs. North Carolina game was 1 of my all time favorites. Bo Ellis, Jerome Whitehead and of course the 1 and only Butch Lee. It was right around this time I fell in love with college basketball. I miss Al McGuire calling games.

Reaction Score
The 1977 Marquette vs. North Carolina game was 1 of my all time favorites. Bo Ellis, Jerome Whitehead and of course the 1 and only Butch Lee. It was right around this time I fell in love with college basketball. I miss Al McGuire calling games.

That was a great game that was a big upset, that UNC team had Phil Ford and Walter Davis. McGuire said that Ray Allen was going to be an alltime great or something of that nature dont remember his exact quote.

Reaction Score
That was a great game that was a big upset, that UNC team had Phil Ford and Walter Davis. McGuire said that Ray Allen was going to be an alltime great or something of that nature dont remember his exact quote.

Reaction Score
Yes indeed thanks for the link man
Lets not forget how good Mike O'Koren was. He was a 2nd team All American in 1979 with the likes of Bird and Magic around. My pleasure regarding the link. It brought back memories.

Good Karma....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger