Watched all 4 championship games | The Boneyard

Watched all 4 championship games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And remember only 1 kid with a UConn mention, Matt Walsh of Hand. Heard of kids with multiple offers/interest from a lot of top tier schools, but no UConn in the mix. Who is minding the store?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
And remember only 1 kid with a UConn mention, Matt Walsh of Hand. Heard of kids with multiple offers/interest from a lot of top tier schools, but no UConn in the mix. Who is minding the store?

first off props to u! who were the other names in the ship games being talked about with interest/offers. we know of the ansonia kids thanks to a great poster here but who else?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought the state was locked up when HCPP was hired.

Reaction Score
I thought the state was locked up when HCPP was hired.

According to Rivals we have 4 of the top 10 players in CT.....I'd consider that pretty locked up

You're not going to get everyone

Reaction Score
According to Rivals we have 4 of the top 10 players in CT.....I'd consider that pretty locked up

Agreed considering we were never in the running for Boyle (he specifically stated in the pre-game interviews it was no slight to UConn but BC was his..."dream school".

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

No you not going to get them all, but the top 3 go elsewhere. That is not a good sign though. I do think Matt Walsh is underrated by Rivals and the other recruiting services. I have seen him in person twice and he is the most physical player I have seen in the state the past few years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think we have done well in ct this year so far and there is room to improve still. i had this year pegged for 10ish bcs kids and we are going to be right at that number it seems. next year there is huge potential #'s wise and it may get ugly based on what happens with our staff and our stupid rb approach so far...could be talking anywhere from 4-7 rb in ct next year going bcs alone. 2 or 3 qbs and 2 or 3 lbs going bcs for starters. could be a huge year that we may not do well on if things go the way i think they will.

Reaction Score
No you not going to get them all, but the top 3 go elsewhere. That is not a good sign though. I do think Matt Walsh is underrated by Rivals and the other recruiting services. I have seen him in person twice and he is the most physical player I have seen in the state the past few years.

It's not necessarily a bad sign either... 2 in top 10'are QB and we already have a QB recruit this class and as noted above - UConn never had a shot @ Xavier's Boyle. "#2" Olanrewaju is from MD prepping in CT - never had a shot @ him either as UVA was always his 1st choice. Coggins is still wide open as he's a de-commit from BC. Also tough to compete with Harvard or a kid prepping @ AOF.

IMO - Thought they did pretty good this time around.

Reaction Score
It's not necessarily a bad sign either... 2 in top 10'are QB and we already have a QB recruit this class and as noted above - UConn never had a shot @ Xavier's Boyle. "#2" Olanrewaju is from MD prepping in CT - never had a shot @ him either as UVA was always his 1st choice. Coggins is still wide open as he's a de-commit from BC. Also tough to compete with Harvard or a kid prepping @ AOF.

IMO - Thought they did pretty good this time around.

Boyle said that UCONN was in his top 3. I think there was a chance, albeit a slight one.

Reaction Score

I was mainly listening for the underclassmen that had college interests. Outlow of NFA for instance. Alabama, Oregon, and others, not UConn. Two kids that impressed me from North Branford, qb Basil, and wr Deluria. QB was actually going through his progressions. They even mentioned it on tv. Deluria was very fast. Caught Newsome after a long gain. He was a senior, no mention of college. He's small, but tough.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was mainly listening for the underclassmen that had college interests. Outlow of NFA for instance. Alabama, Oregon, and others, not UConn. Two kids that impressed me from North Branford, qb Basil, and wr Deluria. QB was actually going through his progressions. They even mentioned it on tv. Deluria was very fast. Caught Newsome after a long gain. He was a senior, no mention of college. He's small, but tough.

I think Basil is better than some of the quarterbacks UConn has had in the past. He looks off and scans the field like a veteran. Plus he is 6'2" and had a pretty good arm.

Reaction Score
Was the Q - who did we miss out on (other than Boyle) ever answered?

Reaction Score
In the Runway blog Fuller did with Matt Walsh after the Hand game, he mentioned a junior on Windsor Kieth Benjamin. Did he look as good as Fuller made him sound?

Reaction Score

Definitely impressed by Basil. The receivers name was DeLucia. He had good speed. He had the angle on Newsome on the play you speak of. So he didn't exactly catch him, he cut him off. He also got trucked by Newsome on his long TD run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom