Watch Ashlynn Shade in State Championship Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watch Ashlynn Shade in State Championship Saturday

Reaction Score
Boy, am I impressed with Ashlynn. My first time seeing her play outside of highlights and she’s as good as advertised. She runs the floor, is great at playing back to the basket, finds her open teammates out of the double-team and does a great job defending. Geno and co. found a great one.

Reaction Score
Shade is just wired UConn ready.............smart, aggressive, talented and a very strong motor.........and she's going to laugh at Geno's boot camp tactics........she's been in boot camp mode with her father's workouts for years already....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Franklin is making a run behind Traylor. The Millers' lead is down to 11.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Noblesville won 78-62. Shade 31 p0ints.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The announcer just compared her to Kelly Faris. I think she's a shorter version with a better shot.

But Kelly won FOUR Indiana State Championships.
I heard her say that. Was Faris as accurate a shooter as Shade? I've been over in the chat room reporting to myself. :confused:

Reaction Score
Shade's a much better offensive player and a much better athlete. There's some similarity with versatility and passing skills.
I think Shade is much more aggressive with the ball as well. Faris's school was in the 2nd smallest class when they went on that streak. So not sure what the comparison was since I didn't hear it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Where the heck do you live for you to see all these games, in Indiana?

Live, not in person. I've seen only recorded highlights before.

But I have been to some games in person--8 UConn games this year in Hartford, Newark, Uncasville, and Nassau. I also saw Azzi in high school 9 or 10 times, Saylor 3 times, and Mir 2 times. I've also seen Sidwell this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Shade is much more aggressive with the ball as well. Faris's school was in the 2nd smallest class when they went on that streak. So not sure what the comparison was since I didn't hear it.

It was a broad comparison--excellent player, State Champion, and UConn player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade also has that toughness and tenacity that Faris did so that's probably a part of that comparison too.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Shade did most of her damage in the first half in the low post.

Franklin took their chances by double teaming Shade a bunch. Shade's teammates were more than up for it.

Noblesville's relentless, disciplined, trapping defense must be a pain to prepare for.

Noblesville is extremely well coached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom