watch Anna bloom | The Boneyard

watch Anna bloom

Reaction Score
Anna M. has so much going for her as a freshman.....what will be the thing that will make her a super star??? GENO.....hang in there Anna, if you listen and work hard, you will be a 'handful' by the end of the year. It is exciting to watch Aubrey and Anna delvelop as freshmen with a great class coming in this year. I think that some other big time teams will beat us, but you never know.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The chance that UConn will get badly beaten on the boards by taller teams now seems less probable than it did previously. ONO, Aubrey (especially), Megan, and Anna can all get rebounds against taller players, and Crystal and Christyn should get plenty of rebounds relative to the expectation for guards.

Where UConn does seem vulnerable, based especially on the Seton Hall game, is in 3-point defense. Yes, Seton Hall was hot from 3 tonight, but far too many of their 3-point attempts were unopposed, even after it was apparent that it was their only sustainable offense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The chance that UConn will get badly beaten on the boards by taller teams now seems less probable than it did previously. ONO, Aubrey (especially), Megan, and Anna can all get rebounds against taller players, and Crystal and Christyn should get plenty of rebounds relative to the expectation for guards.

Where UConn does seem vulnerable, based especially on the Seton Hall game, is in 3-point defense. Yes, Seton Hall was hot from 3 tonight, but far too many of their 3-point attempts were unopposed, even after it was apparent that it was their only sustainable offense.
With Liv on the floor, I think we can guard the arc better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Ania may have to start at the point along with AG up front next game. Of course, that's if CD can't go.

Reaction Score
Love Anna's game-we often forget she is a UConn frosh playing in the US for the first time/using a 2nd language to communicate. Similar to KLS, she will get quicker as she gains confidence in Geno's system. Neither are particularly fast of foot but can be disruptive defensively as the UConn process becomes natural.

Reaction Score
Anna isn’t spectacular. She just gets the job done. And done well. She may well prove to be team’s key player. When I watch the games on tv, she’s the player I watch. Team needs assists, she gets them. Team needs rebounds, she gets them. Now if team needs a three, she’s there. Hustle beats speed.

Reaction Score
Such an entertaining year so far! I loved last night’s game- I knew from past experience that teams who live by the three, die by the three, and sure enough. This beats 30point blowouts.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
With Liv on the floor, I think we can guard the arc better.
Actually, we didn’t last night. It might have been the absence of Crystal’s experience, it wasn’t until Liv didn’t play the last 6 minutes or so and we went small that we defended the line well.

When she was in in the second half I noticed that the perimeter defenders, especially Molly, would begin to drift a step or two back when the ball rotated away, sagging just enough that when the ball came back to their position, those quick release shooters for Hall had just enough space to shoot. I thought that they could have played them tight to force them to drive by toward Liv. Worst case absent a foul on Liv would be 2 rather than 3 points.

Hard to really complain about last night. Playing without your talented lead guard is a big adjustment. On O, putting up over 90. Wow.

Reaction Score
Anna isn’t spectacular. She just gets the job done. And done well. She may well prove to be team’s key player. When I watch the games on tv, she’s the player I watch. Team needs assists, she gets them. Team needs rebounds, she gets them. Now if team needs a three, she’s there. Hustle beats speed.
Seems bigger than Kyla now. Maybe she’s still growing... older sister is 6’3”.

Reaction Score
Anna needs to focus on her defense and quickness. She really struggles on the defensive end of the floor. However, that is where most freshmen get exposed. She just needs to really work on it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Before last nite SH how hit 7 treys and shot 25% from trey range. Last nite they made 13 treys and shot 38%. Alot of that had to do with the sell out crowd and momenteum. Most teams arent going to take 34 treys. SH has an unbelievable nite and still lost. Was it our defense? Some of those shots were unreal, some were wide open. Some of their shooters looked like KML did. We won on a tuff nite all the way around. This team is really really good and getting alot better. We overcame alot last nite and now ND on Sunday. I wouldnt want to be ND at Gampel on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Aubrey and Anna! I say that last nights game was so great for both of them. Both shined!
Anna would have had a few more assists if the bunnies weren’t missed! MW well watch out ND! I can’t wait to watch it again this weekend! Love UCONN....Love all these gals!
So FUN to watch! ......These freshman gals are blossoming and am looking forward to Sunday’s match-up with ND! Aren’t you?

Reaction Score
Before last nite SH how hit 7 treys and shot 25% from trey range. Last nite they made 13 treys and shot 38%. Alot of that had to do with the sell out crowd and momenteum. Most teams arent going to take 34 treys. SH has an unbelievable nite and still lost. Was it our defense? Some of those shots were unreal, some were wide open. Some of their shooters looked like KML did. We won on a tuff nite all the way around. This team is really really good and getting alot better. We overcame alot last nite and now ND on Sunday. I wouldnt want to be ND at Gampel on Sunday.

No, a lot of it had to do with UConn's 3-point defense. Ok, SH shot very well but they were wide open. Teams have average to lousy 3-point shots unless they play UConn. Could the reason be that their opponents play better defense? It seems like they can't miss when they play UConn.... I notice that we were very slow in our rotation leaving them open for their shots.

Reaction Score
I have been thinking about the placing of CW......somehow, she has too much talent and hasn't taken full advantage of it. Geno is the best of the best, but must be befuddled about CW.....she is not a point guard....if not, should she have free reign to roam and go to the hoop? She is such a natural scorer, but should score more. What is the thinking out there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom