Washington versus Stanford | The Boneyard

Washington versus Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Haven't watched a lot of Pac-12 this year and still not sure they deserve 4 in the NCAA's latest top-10 list, but I caught the 2nd half of the Washington/Stanford game and I have to concede I was impressed with both teams. They even had a bit of a UConn feel to them in that they both played good team defense without a lot of fouling and both demonstrated skilled offenses. Offensively they were to my eye superior to any SEC teams. If this game was representative of the top half of the Pac-12 it will be interesting to see how they fare in the NCAA tournament.
With a few minutes remaining Kelsey Plum was called for a technical when she and Samuelson got involved in a loose ball scrum. Samuelson made both free throws and on the ensuing possession Stanford made a 3 pointer to cut the lead to 67-65. Thought it should have been an ordinary foul. With under a minute remaining, Washington's Walton hit a 3 pointer after what appeared to be a push off on Samuelson, but no call made. Other than those 2 plays seemed well officiated and definitely entertaining basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
By upsetting #11 Stanford, Washington boosts their resume. Plum became Washington's all-time leading scorer. She just earned at least one more game in the Pac-12 tourney. She also has all of next season. I believe that Chiney holds the conference scoring record, but it won't last if Kelsey stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Stanford is going to be very, very good next year. They have a frosh guard, Marta Sniezak, who had 13 assists and zero turnovers last night but only took one shot. . Not sure I've ever seen that stat line particularly from a freshman. I think they return almost the entire team with a few new AA's to boot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sniezek was the Gatorade POY in DC last year--in both basketball AND soccer. She also was the hoops Gatorade POY the prior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom