Washington State enters the AP Top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Washington State enters the AP Top 25

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Do we have a link to the 30 voters so we can see who voted for NC State (and the other order of voting)?

Me thinks Deb "vote for anything ACC" Antonelli was the lone NC State voter and also suspect she has UConn #6, 7, or 8 as is her wont...
It was Chad Conine. Deb Antonelli had NC State #3 on her ballot.

AP Top 25 Women's Basketball Poll

Reaction Score
It was Chad Conine. Deb Antonelli had NC State #3 on her ballot.

AP Top 25 Women's Basketball Poll

I'll be taking names for whoever put Stanford at #4. Oh, wait, it's just one name. NC State, South Carolina, UConn, and then Stanford? Interesting choice of rankings. Louisville doesn't get any love either, behind Baylor at #6.

I still think the biggest disgrace here is West Virginia beating Tennessee, and then thrashing Texas by 30 doesn't get them ranked ahead of either team when their only loss is to Baylor. They weren't even 26th. Just goes to show what name brand can do for a team.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Washington State. Etheridge seems to have the program trending in the right direction. The Pac 12 is a tough conference but she could be making inroads.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Kudos to Washington State. Etheridge seems to have the program trending in the right direction. The Pac 12 is a tough conference but she could be making inroads.
Washington State is, indeed, a feel-good story. Success has been fleeting for that program over the years, for sure. And in this trying day and time, we need a feel-good story like this to take our minds off things.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Butler is relatively new as a P5 team. They were a member of the A10 for awhile.
Umm, wrong again, Butler was never in the A10, they were in the Horizon League prior to the BE. Maybe your thinking of St.Louis Billikens who are in the A10. Butler is also in Indiana as a reference for you...:)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Umm, wrong again, Butler was never in the A10, they were in the Horizon League prior to the BE. Maybe your thinking of St.Louis Billikens who are in the A10. Butler is also in Indiana as a reference for you...:)
I seem to recall them being in the A-10. According to wiki only 2012-13. I thought it was longer than that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I still think the biggest disgrace here is West Virginia beating Tennessee, and then thrashing Texas by 30 doesn't get them ranked ahead of either team when their only loss is to Baylor. They weren't even 26th. Just goes to show what name brand can do for a team.
West Virginia lost to Oklahoma State as well.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
You are wrong. I live in St. Louis and I know who I am thinking of. I am a Billiken fan. Butler was in the A10 and was a program St. louis wanted to compete with at a time when they were hot. Don't be so quick to deny something until you do a more thorough research. When they went to the Big East Billiken fans were hoping to follow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What the list of top teams over the decades proves is that coaches make a major difference, perhaps the most important difference. Take the other team I follow, my alma mater Colorado, which ranks 37th in most times being ranked. Most of those times came under former head coach and Hall of Famer Ceal Barry with sporadic appearances since. Indeed, had not for a Colorado team looking ahead in 1995, UConn might have come up short in winning its first national championship. Had Ceal not retired early, it’s possible she too might be knocking on the door of 1000 victories and luring top academically minded athletes to CU. Part of the reason CU left the Big 12 for the PAC-12 was because it was more academically (and culturally) aligned with west coast schools. If Ceal were still at the helm (she and Geno are about the same age), Belibi and Betts might have ended up in Boulder being cheered on by Tara’s mom, a Boulder resident (and rabid CU fan when they aren’t playing Stanford). Great coaches get great players. Will UConn stay on top after Geno retires? He is such a dominant personality the transition will be difficult. We will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom