Washington Post on Tonight's game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Washington Post on Tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Stanford's win against ND last year probably qualifies as a Samuelson leading her team to victory over a top 5 team game.
I think Lou had an advantage over her sisters growing up - she had to play against them in the driveway every day as a much younger sister - you either get tough quickly in those games or you take up a different sport!
Lou definitely had the best HS rep of the three, but they were all good in HS and in college. Lou still has the highest upside.
As much as some may deny it: A win against ND, last year , qualifies Stanford to have a top 5 win.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Stanford's win against ND last year probably qualifies as a Samuelson leading her team to victory over a top 5 team game.
I think Lou had an advantage over her sisters growing up - she had to play against them in the driveway every day as a much younger sister - you either get tough quickly in those games or you take up a different sport!
Lou definitely had the best HS rep of the three, but they were all good in HS and in college. Lou still has the highest upside.
Long arms and more height doesn't hurt either. Somehow Lou has a little something more inside. Not just the need or desire to be great or to exact the price for that achievement. It's the ability to sell out. To dig even deeper because it's what's required for your team to win. This is money in the bank for her in the future, something she will draw on time and again. She's been told over and over her upside is limitless, now she knows it. Lou in one bucket fill has become part of UConn lore and a leader on this team. When that freshman class comes in next year and Lou talks, they'll all be rabbit eared. During the game thread I made the quick comparison to Michael Jordan and "That Flu Game" against Utah. I think it's an apt comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom