Washington Mystics @ Connecticut Sun - 6/13/18 | The Boneyard

Washington Mystics @ Connecticut Sun - 6/13/18

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
[COPIED FROM PREVIOUS SUN VS. MYSTICS THREAD] Although this is a Sun home game, the Mystics have had 6 days to prepare and EDD should play, unlike the last meeting. This is a big game... protect the home court, maintain the lead in the season series, get a win going into a brutal back-to-back in just two days... Storm on the 15th, Mercury on the 16th. Absolutely crazy travel schedule for those games. If the Sun could even get one of those, I'd be elated. Makes the need to win this one all the greater.

DfkxV3GXUAAf0qE.jpg

psconn

Reaction Score
[COPIED FROM PREVIOUS SUN VS. MYSTICS THREAD]
Additional notes on the schedule... 9 of the next 10 games are on the road. June 1st through July 7th the Sun will have played 13 of 16 games on the road. The first week of July, the Sun play 4 away games in 7 days including the likes of Seattle, LA, and Phoenix. After that, the schedule turns around and the Sun finish the season with 11 of 15 at home. I'm sure other teams have similar schedule nightmares. I expect the Sun will accumulate some losses during this period and likely will slip out of first place. BUT above all, I hope that the Sun can stay healthy during this crazy grind and can mentally keep confident and focused on the end game.

Reaction Score
WAS up to 45 pts halfway through the second quarter :eek:

Reaction Score
65-37 WAS at the half

Delle Donne 22 pts (8-9), 2 reb
Toliver 20 pts (6-8), 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl

C Williams 12 pts, 1 reb, 1 stl

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
GREAT half by Washington. Huge smackdown. Let's see if they can keep it up!

Reaction Score
Sun completely outclassed tonight although they're making a run right now.

And now Alyssa Thomas seems to have injured her right shoulder :(

Reaction Score
Man. What a game!! Started off rough. Looked like the Mystics were going to win in a blowout. Nope. Now it is a game. That Williams girl is killing it!!

Reaction Score
95-91 WAS final

Delle Donne 36 pts, 6 reb, 1 blk
Toliver 25 pts, 2 reb, 4 ast, 3 stl

C Williams 34 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 to
Ogwumike 19 pts, 13 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 flop

psconn

Reaction Score
The Sun could overcome a 50%, 61pt night from EDD/Toliver, but couldn't overcome the loss of Alyssa Thomas when they needed her most. That shoulder could be a huge issue going forward. AT is the engine of this team.

Reaction Score
The Sun could overcome a 50%, 61pt night from EDD/Toliver, but couldn't overcome the loss of Alyssa Thomas when they needed her most. That shoulder could be a huge issue going forward. AT is the engine of this team.

I was out this evening and so didn't watch the game. Checked the score around halftime and was shocked! Figured it was a good night to be out and best to just move forward. :p Checked the score much later and received another shock! It was tied with about a minute left. Disappointing that they couldn't pull off the win - but really glad to see the fight in them.

I saw that Alyssa was injured - she never got back in the game?

psconn

Reaction Score
I was out this evening and so didn't watch the game. Checked the score around halftime and was shocked! Figured it was a good night to be out and best to just move forward. :p Checked the score much later and received another shock! It was tied with about a minute left. Disappointing that they couldn't pull off the win - but really glad to see the fight in them.

I saw that Alyssa was injured - she never got back in the game?[/QUOTE]

No. When she came back to the bench, it was obvious she could barely lift her right arm. This could be a huge problem for the Sun.

Reaction Score
No. When she came back to the bench, it was obvious she could barely lift her right arm. This could be a huge problem for the Sun.

Oh no. I really, really hope she is okay. She does so much - her IQ & playmaking are key.

The others - especially Morgan Tuck! - will need to step up. I believe in them. They pulled together last year when Jasmine was injured (not to mention Tuck & Kizer earlier in the season). They're tough and they're deep, they're tight-knit, and they almost came back from 30 points down. Let's go Sun!

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome game to watch!

Courtney is playing the way I knew she could. Almost won the game for them but EDD fought 'em off.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Exciting game all the way around, no matter who you were rooting for. Great win by Washington against one of the better teams in the league. So much parity this year - aside from LA (who lost 2 games without Parker), every team seems vulnerable. Especially Minny, who seems to be a step slow and in real danger earning a top 4 draft pick next year!

Reaction Score
Exciting game all the way around, no matter who you were rooting for. Great win by Washington against one of the better teams in the league. So much parity this year - aside from LA (who lost 2 games without Parker), every team seems vulnerable. Especially Minny, who seems to be a step slow and in real danger earning a top 4 draft pick next year!
Parker did play in the loss to Seattle, just not well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom