Washington Mystics @ Atlanta Dream - 8/28/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Washington Mystics @ Atlanta Dream - 8/28/18

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Huge win for Atlanta...EDD going down is absolutely crushing for Washington. She was playing at an extremely high level. I don’t think either of these teams have a prayer against Seattle (or Phoenix) in the finals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Huge win for Atlanta...EDD going down is absolutely crushing for Washington. She was playing at an extremely high level. I don’t think either of these teams have a prayer against Seattle (or Phoenix) in the finals.
I think Seattle is the team to beat, though they need to toughen up in 4th quarters.

It was looking as if EDD was the difference between the Mystics and the Dream. I hope her injury is not serious.

Reaction Score
Good luck to EDD. Regarding the conversation about Ariel Atkins, as Texas fan, I don't think she is playing that much differently than she ever has. Big 12 teams knew to key on her much more than the pro teams have, of course. She never got a lot of national publicity at UT, not sure why. The Mystics coach has said he wants her to be more offensively aggressive, which has paid off. The one big difference I notice is that the Mystics coach (or just years of experience) have taught her to foul less. Her aggressive defense at Texas often had her sitting on the bench for quarters or even halves at a time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good luck to EDD. Regarding the conversation about Ariel Atkins, as Texas fan, I don't think she is playing that much differently than she ever has. Big 12 teams knew to key on her much more than the pro teams have, of course. She never got a lot of national publicity at UT, not sure why. The Mystics coach has said he wants her to be more offensively aggressive, which has paid off. The one big difference I notice is that the Mystics coach (or just years of experience) have taught her to foul less. Her aggressive defense at Texas often had her sitting on the bench for quarters or even halves at a time.

For some reason, I did not think of her as a great shooter in college but looked up her stats in senior year and

Shot 53.4 percent [197-of-369] from the field, 42 percent [50-of-119] from three-point range and 85.9 percent [79-of-92] from the free-throw line

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom