Washington - Montana State | The Boneyard

Washington - Montana State

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What an exciting game of Washington vs Montana State. Brought to you by your sponsors The International Union Bricklayers Union.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I still get a chuckle watching Osahor shoot that flat footed jump shot.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did you watch whole game? Washington turned it on in second half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Went to the game. 3 ball wouldn't fall early for the Huskies. Eventually blew it wide open. Plum never did get the 3 point shot working tonight but she was unstoppable off the dribble. Kinda weird it seemed like a bad night for her but she still shot 50% from the floor and scored 29.

They never announced attendance. If it wasn't a sellout it was awfully close. Crowd was a bit quiet at times but got into it eventually.

Some celebrities in the house for the earlier Gonzaga game. John Stockton was there watching his daughter and also Oregon St. men's hoop coach Wayne Tinkle also watching his daughter. Pretty sure I walked right by former UW star Talia Walton on my way out after the game.

Ferris was impressive. She seemed like a guard but MSU must've had a really small lineup. Osahor or Collier were guarding her most of the time and it was a bad match up.

Reaction Score
This was a pretty good game. Ferris really balled hard. Plum scored but she didn't really look like a POY. I guess for me I thought the POY would be a player that makes their team better. She seemed to fade once her outside shot wasn't falling. Her teammates stood around and watched while she put up shots. It wasn't until the other players started to get touches and make a few shots that Washington started to pull away. Once that happened Plum seem to come alive. My point is that Plum didn't really get the other players going. It seemed like Osahor decided to score and the rest of the team lit up and fed off her energy.

I am happy that UW has a lot of returning players. I don't know if they will go as far next year but they will have a decent team. They will make a little noise in the tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watching Osahor is really inspiring. :) What she can do after all her medical issues is incredible. Plum may win NPOY but Osahor is the MVP of that team.

Reaction Score
One game, that's all it takes you guys to form an opinion of Plum? One game, by the way, in which she was playing on a bad ankle and her outside shots weren't dropping.
This was a pretty good game. Ferris really balled hard. Plum scored but she didn't really look like a POY. I guess for me I thought the POY would be a player that makes their team better. She seemed to fade once her outside shot wasn't falling. Her teammates stood around and watched while she put up shots. It wasn't until the other players started to get touches and make a few shots that Washington started to pull away. Once that happened Plum seem to come alive. My point is that Plum didn't really get the other players going. It seemed like Osahor decided to score and the rest of the team lit up and fed off her energy.

I am happy that UW has a lot of returning players. I don't know if they will go as far next year but they will have a decent team. They will make a little noise in the tournament.

Dislike.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
My take was the exact opposite. Plum seemed less aggressive hunting shots than normal. Early in the game during a loose ball scramble 2 Montana St. players rolled up on the back of her legs. She got up a bit slowly and was walking funny for a bit. She never seemed to have her normal bounce after that. 29 points on 50% shooting when you aren't 100% physically seems pretty good to me. Or look at it this way, Ferris scored 4 more points than Plum, but took 8 more shots to do it and it tied her career high (plus she had 4 more FT attempts). For Plum it was a ho hum game. The expectation level for Plum is ridiculous.

Plum had several AMAZING passes that her teammates couldn't convert into buckets, but they should have. She's going to have a much easier time picking up assists next year in the WNBA when her teammates can actually finish off plays.

Reaction Score
One game, that's all it takes you guys to form an opinion of Plum? One game, by the way, in which she was playing on a bad ankle and her outside shots weren't dropping.
Dislike.

I like team basketball and team ball for me is not a 1 vs 3 or 4 fast break. Plum says that it is not about her scoring but the majority( if not all) of the first shot attempts was her running down the floor for a pull up or driving to basket against three opponents to score.

Hell on several of the 2 on 1 breaks that Plum had the other UW player just watched Plum take the drive or immediately stop running on the break to fade to the corner. Plum passed up opportunity for the assist to score. This is what the NPOY does.

If this is what defines what the best "all around" player/greatest D1 women's basketball player is so be it.

The expectations on Plum aren't any higher than for the other Naismith candidates. I just believe the other finalists/teams are better all around.

Imagine if Geno's game plan was for anyone to get the ball and just give it to KLS for a three pointer or just get the ball to Stewie and let her beat 3,4, 5 players. How many points would they have?

Is scoring the only criteria that defines the best player?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom