Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
And by 21 points. How is that possible?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wash Huskies were rated #17 by Sagarin going into the game, a little ahead of Texas A&M, and they were 4 point favorites at home. But yeah, the size of the win was a lot more than expected.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Someone want to guess who's going to win the PAC12 Regular Season Championship. I have no idea, except I don't think its Stanford.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Oregon State looked pretty good. Didn't watch Washington but they might be in the hunt too.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A&M has not been overly impressive in a number of their wins against questionable teams so I am not surprised they got exposed a little.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that A&M is a good as the early predictions thought. It will be interesting to see how the PAC shakes out this year. Washington sure looked good tonight, and OSU seems to be for real as well, ASU, our local team, has a good record, but I'm not sure it will hold up in league play. They are good, but I question whether they are THAT good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum for Washington was a high school All-American. I think she was the Pac-12 FOY. She's really good. She had 32 tonight.

More on Kelsey ... She was the conference FOY and 1st Team last year. She broke the conference single-season scoring record for freshmen. She could surpass all the USC, UCLA, and Stanford greats as the career leader in points by the time she is done. She and her team don't get a lot of national press, but she's one of the best sophomores in the country.

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209273263

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How it's possible: by herself, Plum outscored aTm's two Courtneys combined.
She may have been the best player on the floor. She'll contend for Pac-12 POY. As a sophomore.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum for Washington was a high school All-American. I think she was the Pac-12 FOY. She's really good. She had 32 tonight.

More on Kelsey ... She was the conference FOY and 1st Team last year. She broke the conference single-season scoring record for freshmen. She could surpass all the USC, UCLA, and Stanford greats as the career leader in points by the time she is done. She and her team don't get a lot of national press, but she's one of the best sophomores in the country.

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209273263
That kid is some kind of shooter. Very impressive in the highlights.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that A&M is a good as the early predictions thought. It will be interesting to see how the PAC shakes out this year. Washington sure looked good tonight, and OSU seems to be for real as well, ASU, our local team, has a good record, but I'm not sure it will hold up in league play. They are good, but I question whether they are THAT good.
Yeah, you aren't going to figure out how ASU will do based on their OOC. Their best victories are so-so (Miami and Vanderbilt I suspect) and their only loss is Green Bay, which isn't bad, but probably not expected.

And like others, I have no idea of how the PAC will shake out. But the bottom is most likely Arizona and Utah, based on the OOC.

Reaction Score
UW has the nation's leading scorer in Plum at 26.1 ppg. Stanford wanted her but she didn't quite have the grades.

UW senior Jazmine Davis only had 5 points in this game but she was actually Pac-12 FOY a few years back.

UW beat Stanford last year. Stanford was #3 nationally at the time and still had Chiney.

UW already has three 2016 commitments headlined by HG #4 Destiny Slocum.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UW has the nation's leading scorer in Plum at 26.1 ppg. Stanford wanted her but she didn't quite have the grades.

UW senior Jazmine Davis only had 5 points in this game but she was actually Pac-12 FOY a few years back.

UW beat Stanford last year. Stanford was #3 nationally at the time and still had Chiney.

UW already has three 2016 commitments headlined by HG #4 Destiny Slocum.
Sounds like the Huskies are barkin'...from Seattle to Storrs.

Reaction Score
How is that possible?
Kelcey Plum

She was recruited by McGuff to stay home in WA and help build the program. Then he left before she arrived. That could've been a blow, but she has persevered.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Plum also tried her best to convince KLS to come to Washington to play with her, at least that is what I heard.

Plum also averages 4 assists a game, has an A to T/O ratio of about 1.5/1.
She averaged 37.3 mpg as a freshman and this year is at 36.6 mpg.
I watched many of her HS games and dont remember her resting much either.

Reaction Score
She's shooting 50/44/89. Those are insane numbers considering she is the #1 options. Granted, they haven't played too many good teams, but still, those are great numbers when the defense keys in on you.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Wasn't Washington 10-1? I guess they're pretty good.

A Huskie is a Huskie .................

The men have played Washington a few times. Would be nice if sometime in the future the women can schedule them as well.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That would be a dog of a tournament.
Probably many other good mascot tournaments could be set up, and not sure that much could be done for the Gamecocks, but a devilishly good one might be Duke vs. ASU and Wake Forest vs. DePaul. Plus a lot of nice birdy, catty, and ursine ones to play with. College sports can be so much fun.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Probably many other good mascot tournaments could be set up, and not sure that much could be done for the Gamecocks, but a devilishly good one might be Duke vs. ASU and Wake Forest vs. DePaul. Plus a lot of nice birdy, catty, and ursine ones to play with. College sports can be so much fun.

Well, we could have the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, the Delaware Blue Hens and the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. Fun note about Coastal Carolina: they used to be a satellite campus of USC, which is why they chose the Chanticleer as their mascot. They broke off about 20 or 30 years ago.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Washington followed its victory over A&M by getting crushed at ASU. They trailed 37-13 at halftime.

Want some ugly stats? 2 assists, 24 turnovers; 1-14 from three.

ASU's only loss this year was a close defeat to Green Bay in the Gulf Coast tourney UConn won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom