Was this the most painful postseason loss for us? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was this the most painful postseason loss for us?

Reaction Score
I was more pissed when they lost to ND in the semi's when they had Skylar on the roster.

Reaction Score
Arms behind my head, a grin on my face, I applauded Geno's challenge to women's college basketball to work harder toward competitive parity. I just didn't want it to happen in this year's final four. And certainly not in the performance of McGraw's Notre Dame team. After the four-in-a-row transcendence and the emergence of last year's over-achieving group, I was ready for the Z-added juggernaut to continue, at least for one more championship season. I don't know what Geno was thinking sitting Z, what lesson she was supposed to learn for missing a defensive assignment, or whatever her mistake, or whether he had an inkling she had one foot out the door, so why reward her with an MVP award? Nobody's clarified that second half strategy and we may never know. We do know that ND is loaded with so much talent they may need a traffic cop to handle the number of her All Americans ready and willing to fill up some future stat sheets during their imminent dominance of the ACC and beyond.
As for Geno's alleged retirement, it's pure conjecture, as he has great athletes and good incoming frosh and the chance to work with less expectations in the arena his challenges are now being met. I wish him well next season and hope the remaining players stay healthy and hungry and continue to have fun playing their chosen sport for the Connecticut Huskies. And I hope it continues to be gratifying for the assistants and Geno as they work toward next year's' goals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom