Was this a Caroline Doty moment???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was this a Caroline Doty moment????

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Maybe somebody here can help with the player and game.......

Which game was it that a uconn player adjusted her hair and hair band, got the ball and hit a 3 pointer all in the matter of a few seconds? I'm thinking it was Caroline Doty, but cannot confirm and I cannot remeber what game, though I was thinking it was a national televised one (ESPN).

How good is the Boneyard's memory lane?
I just opened YouTube and the second video displayed is below.

Reaction Score
Favorite CD2 moment: during NC vs Louisville, CD2 sends a message that UCONN will not take the crap they dished out to Baylor in the semi. See about 1 hour in to video (16:39 game time, first half). CD2 was badass!

Louisville beat Baylor in Sweet 16 I thought.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You would be wrong. It was definitely Megan Gardler. And the announcers did comment on it. During a timeout later in the game they cued up the "tape" beginning at the point where Megan bent over to pick up a bobby pin which she then calmly reinserted in her hair. Megan Culmo was greatly impressed, both by the emergency grooming and by the ease with which Gardler drained the three.
Umm, Meg Culmo have been impressed but the two game announcers were Beth Mowins and Brooke Westbrod with Rebecca playing sideline reporter...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You would be wrong. It was definitely Megan Gardler. And the announcers did comment on it. During a timeout later in the game they cued up the "tape" beginning at the point where Megan bent over to pick up a bobby pin which she then calmly reinserted in her hair. Megan Culmo was greatly impressed, both by the emergency grooming and by the ease with which Gardler drained the three.
@Crossover, thanks for your post. I've read about this sequence any number of times, but had never heard of her bending down to pick up a bobby pin.

I always appreciate it when a "veteran" BYer offers details that us latecomers didn't know about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom