Was the crowd loud enough for ya? | The Boneyard

Was the crowd loud enough for ya?

Was the crowd loud enough for ya?

• Total voters

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It was good the last 6 minutes. Otherwise mediocre.
Yeah. The entire OK State game and the first 30 minutes of the GTown game were embarrassing for us but the last 10 were insane. Hopefully the fans continue the energy from the end of the GTown game. The AD needs to step it up too

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Was that the loudest that building has been since Texas 2010? I think it was louder overall for the Florida game a few years ago, but for 5-10 minutes last night, it was bonkers. We were hyping up the team and they were hyping us up. I just felt the Hoyas deflate and it was over like that. UConn fans don’t usually get up for the first half, but we k is when to get up when it matters the most. I felt like we did that last night.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was thinking loudest Gampel game in awhile. Can’t compare XL to Gampel. 15,000 fans can always be louder than 10,000.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Loved it. Heard it all the way here in North Carolina.

The feed back loop between the fans and the bench players during the comeback was everything you want in a tough game. The announcers got caught up in it and it was the perfect combination to demoralize an opponent that was playing beyond its normal.

Not sure about the complaints. The fans can’t shout during Georgetown scoring. But during our sustained run of scoring and stops it was electric.

I’ll be ticked if my area does not go to UConn on the undefeated map.

Reaction Score
I was there pretty high up, things got appropriately loud. When we were on a mini run and had gotten a couple stops everyone would get up and it got loudish, it’s just GTown had a answer with a basket very often. Then yeah things got pretty good when the run finally happened. Some great plays were made on both ends during that run.

All in all, pretty respectful for a subpar opponent over Christmas break

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah. The entire OK State game and the first 30 minutes of the GTown game were embarrassing for us but the last 10 were insane. Hopefully the fans continue the energy from the end of the GTown game. The AD needs to step it up too
I tweeted at Benedict last year requesting a $1 beer night after Creighton held one vs. us last year. He agreed, then since deleted the tweet. I called him out in a Twitter space this year, so keep your fingers crossed.
What really bothers me is the fans not filling the place up til halftime. leave early to get there for tip off! Same thing at XL. It appears half the fans are idiots!
6:30pm start in Gampel. Storrs isn’t easy access for like 80% of the state.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I tweeted at Benedict last year requesting a $1 beer night after Creighton held one vs. us last year. He agreed, then since deleted the tweet. I called him out in a Twitter space this year, so keep your fingers crossed.

6:30pm start in Gampel. Storrs isn’t easy access for like 80% of the state.
i meant to edit my post and say AD=Athletic Department or whoever is responsible for the fan experience. Not Benedict

Reaction Score
Love to see the older fans act like they’re 20 again. Everyone got off their fannies for Joey’s performance
This was the best part! I went by myself and was sandwiched between a guy in his 70s and a party of 70 yr olds and we were going nuts, high fiving, hugging a total stranger haha. Love to see it.

I did feel kind of bad for the people directly behind me though, which I think was the handicap accessible section, because there were a few of them leaning on the rail to watch since we were standing for most of the last 10 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom