Was it just me | The Boneyard

Was it just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I missed about 1/2 hour of post game media as I was driving home after the game but when I turned on the tv it seemed like most of the talk was still on Kentucky and Calipari. All about how far there freshmen had come and will Cal stay.

Reaction Score
I missed about 1/2 hour of post game media as I was driving home after the game but when I turned on the tv it seemed like most of the talk was still on Kentucky and Calipari. All about how far there freshmen had come and will Cal stay.

It's all about Kentucky all the time.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It still is about KY losing more than UC winning. Even this morning when I turned on Mike and Mike (why you ask? I do not have an answer) but the box on the bottom of the screen gives the score of the game followed by "UK 8 and 4 all time in NC games" Why you ask isn't it "UCONN 4 and 0 all time in NC games" ? Same reason I turned on Mike and Mike.

Reaction Score
I think ESPN had about 15 minutes of Calipari's presser, then 3 minutes of Ollie's, then went back to Calipari in the tunnel where he regurgitated the same thing to a sideline reporter that he had just told all of the media during his presser.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I think ESPN had about 15 minutes of Calipari's presser, then 3 minutes of Ollie's, then went back to Calipari in the tunnel where he regurgitated the same thing to a sideline reporter that he had just told all of the media during his presser.

I noticed that too. And Stuart Scott was gushing about how amazing his post-game comments were.

I'm sort of anti-conspiracy-kitty when it comes to ESPN, but they covered Cals presser in full and showed multiple interviews with him and then just kept interrupting UConn and Ollie's presser with commercials.

Reaction Score
Their press conference was first and it went 20 minutes. So the beginning of the pre-game was very Kentucky heavy.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I noticed that too. And Stuart Scott was gushing about how amazing his post-game comments were.

I'm sort of anti-conspiracy-kitty when it comes to ESPN, but they covered Cals presser in full and showed multiple interviews with him and then just kept interrupting UConn and Ollie's presser with commercials.
They also spent an inordinate amount of time dissecting what Cal had to say too

Reaction Score

Janine Edwards seems like she's on the verge of blowing Calipari whenever she interviews him.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks for saying this...I thought the whole broadcast was an homage to Squid & his squidlings. Got spoiled with the Marshall/Cash announcing, I thought. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the coverage was totally biased!

Reaction Score
ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS STATISTIC?: The Kentucky starting lineup yesterday combined for a total of 0, thats right, 0 fouls in the first half.

The Squid is back up to his fishy acts

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The Rex Chapman business drove a lot of it, to be fair, but it was still way too much focus on the losers.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if people caught Ollie's presser but it was astonishing to hear him talk about his wife losing her father, who was very close to her, this season, only to follow that up by taking care of Ollie's mother who has cancer and needed assistance for her hospital visits and chemo. This family was put through the ringer. As someone who lost a close family member recently, my focus has been off kilter a bit this last month and a half and I have been forgetting things. Ollie's persistence and focus is superhuman to be going through all of this and yet have his team attend to details.

Reaction Score
Really makes me want to make a list of all the tools in the sporting broadcast world and keep a list of the idiotic things they said both before and after...If Bazz only knew how much he said spoke volumes for the fans as well. In Raleigh the twist was even better having numerous call ins on how the UCONN team reminded them of Valvanos team or 57 UNC team .

Reaction Score
GRIFFEY NAILS ANOTHER THREE!!!
popped in middle of work so scanning fast ...... then had to re-read this three times ..then I got it ....then I burst out laughing!!!

Reaction Score
ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS STATISTIC?: The Kentucky starting lineup yesterday combined for a total of 0, thats right, 0 fouls in the first half.

The Squid is back up to his fishy acts
many may not like this ..........as I get older... I start to agree more and more with my long gone father and other older guys ..........games are not 'rigged' but the officiating definitely gets 'skewed' oftentimes. I've concluded it is a sub-conscious thing........ the refs do not do it on purpose...... but they call games (happens in football maybe more; certainly to me in the NFL- there was blatant holding going on all throughout the Seattle/49er playoff game) a certain way ....

who has the 'power'? the big schools and conferences who can impact their careers long-term. Better to be safe than brave is another dynamic.

I'll make a bet with anyone ........ go watch the tape of last night ..... In the beginning either Young or one of the Harrissons was regularly and quite nastily (to me) bumping Ryan B as he ran his sets for Napier. I saw it more than once ...first half too....no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom