Was hoping for more commits today | The Boneyard

Was hoping for more commits today

Reaction Score
Was out of touch until now and jumped on here as soon as I could. Was hoping for a few more commits. That said I love the direction we are going in over all. I trust Mora. Hate to wish time away but I can’t wait for next year.

Reaction Score
Was out of touch until now and jumped on here as soon as I could. Was hoping for a few more commits. That said I love the direction we are going in over all. I trust Mora. Hate to wish time away but I can’t wait for next year.
Plenty of time between today & Wednesday.

Reaction Score
M
I agree. Just last weekend spoiled me a bit. LOL
Most of last weekends commits wanted to come here to begin with. Made it a lot easier. On my end I’m a bit more concerned on the transfer portal side of things than the high school side.

Reaction Score
M

Most of last weekends commits wanted to come here to begin with. Made it a lot easier. On my end I’m a bit more concerned on the transfer portal side of things than the high school side.
Excuse my ignorance…I assume transfer portal commits don’t sign during a signing period. Can they “sign” anytime?

Since Mora is the first coach we’ve had open to the portal, we haven’t really been down this road before.

Reaction Score
Can’t blame the players. Probably want to keep their options opened in case a P5 offer comes their way. Also, verbal commitments really don’t mean much anyway. If a P5 offer comes in at the last second before signing day chances are the kid is taking the P5 offer.

That will be the hard part for UConn, keeping the committed player through signing.

Reaction Score
Is the first signing day coming up? I'd love to see us being talked about for 4 star players instead of being laughed at. I think, UConn with JM will be talked about positively.

Reaction Score
Is the first signing day coming up? I'd love to see us being talked about for 4 star players instead of being laughed at. I think, UConn with JM will be talked about positively.
If that happens, it is unrealistic to expect it to happen this year. He is an experienced, accomplished football coach. He is not a magician.

Reaction Score
Can’t blame the players. Probably want to keep their options opened in case a P5 offer comes their way. Also, verbal commitments really don’t mean much anyway. If a P5 offer comes in at the last second before signing day chances are the kid is taking the P5 offer.

That will be the hard part for UConn, keeping the committed player through signing.
Please. No doses of reality on the BY two days before the signing date............

Reaction Score
We just witnessed two of the wildest most active weekends in UCONN Football history. 12 kids on 12/3 & more than 12 this past weekend. More commits? We are going from like 7 to nearly 32 in a few months: that's a lot of names and profiles to study.

And 4 stars? In our history, we have had a few kids. WE do not get the competitive 4 ... beating out Alabama. We have kids today that have been rated a 4. We get them after a ... "Story" ... which is how we had kids look at UConn back in our earlier history. Academic. Transfer once or twice. Talent? We are not talking the kids that had us or Lafayette. A size and potential beyond

Reaction Score
we recieved 3 commitments this weekend. one more on the way and Hoffman likely committing to uconn on Wednesday. Anticipating a lot of transfers for the late signing.

Reaction Score
Went hard after Juco OLine and we had a few come take a looky lou. The Dartmouth All Ivy OG.

So, IF you were thinking ... what does Mora need as your top 3 priorities:

1. Get a QB that can start a full year or 2 looking like a top quartile producer at the position. In process. We have lots of options pop in transfer portal. We need to pick the right one. There just aren't that many OPEN QB slots in college football and we can get a good one.
2. Immediately backfill and raise up that O Line. JUCO ... Transfer Portal. Got on it fast. This is the advantage of getting hired early November and working through the possibilities and bringing along Pehrson and guys that know the JUCO world.
3. Grab the Edsall list of 2022 HS recruits and keep the best. Build relationships. Target and grab the rising potentials that were either overlooked or left hanging by the Coaching Carousel.

And we found the other big thing: Hard press on the CT Prep schools. Size and ready made college kids available.

Reaction Score
Went hard after Juco OLine and we had a few come take a looky lou. The Dartmouth All Ivy OG.

1. Get a QB that can start a full year or 2 looking like a top quartile producer at the position. In process. We have lots of options pop in transfer portal. We need to pick the right one. There just aren't that many OPEN QB slots in college football and we can get a good one.
2. Immediately backfill and raise up that O Line. JUCO ... Transfer Portal. Got on it fast. This is the advantage of getting hired early November and working through the possibilities and bringing along Pehrson and guys that know the JUCO world.
3. Grab the Edsall list of 2022 HS recruits and keep the best. Build relationships. Target and grab the rising potentials that were either overlooked or left hanging by the Coaching Carousel.

And we found the other big thing: Hard press on the CT Prep schools. Size and ready made college kids available.
100% should be an exciting couple of weeks. When we start to see things turn around on the field the recruit bus will get even more crowded with high quality kids.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

I love reading your posts! YES! Let's go!!

Reaction Score
JMO but I think Mora should be taking small HS classes in his first two seasons and going all in on the transfer portal to land college ready kids. Follow Mel Tucker’s Blueprint at MSU.

One of the issues often discussed on this board is Uconn’s inability to land the type of players who can step right in and play. They need X years in the program to be strong enough or fast enough to compete. Well now you have a resource to land those players today. Mora better use it.

For all the condemnation of Diaco and Edsall 2.0‘s Recruiting, Mora is landing the same players. Kids with FCS Offers. Not knocking them because in the scheme of things they are going to school for free on the basis of their athletic ability, but building a base of FBS Talent while setting up UConn as a destination for FBS transfers should be a focal point of his first two years. We can’t expect things to change doing things the same way.

Reaction Score
JMO but I think Mora should be taking small HS classes in his first two seasons and going all in on the transfer portal to land college ready kids. Follow Mel Tucker’s Blueprint at MSU.

One of the issues often discussed on this board is Uconn’s inability to land the type of players who can step right in and play. They need X years in the program to be strong enough or fast enough to compete. Well now you have a resource to land those players today. Mora better use it.

For all the condemnation of Diaco and Edsall 2.0‘s Recruiting, Mora is landing the same players. Kids with FCS Offers. Not knocking them because in the scheme of things they are going to school for free on the basis of their athletic ability, but building a base of FBS Talent while setting up UConn as a destination for FBS transfers should be a focal point of his first two years. We can’t expect things to change doing things the same way.
Really think they are trying as hard as they can to land transfers and just swinging and missing. He’s followed 50-100 of them on twitter and offered a bunch. Not a lot of transfers are budging. If that’s the case you can’t waste the scholarship away.

Reaction Score

This is very, very fair. And I completely agree with taking small HS class and hitting transfer portal. Coach Mora needs to keep buzz going during season and only way to do that is win.

He is being aggressive with portal offers , just not hitting any yet. Won’t pass judgment until we see what final class looks like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom