was espn3 that bad last night? | The Boneyard

was espn3 that bad last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
can't tell if the issue was on my end or ESPN's. actually saw maybe 5 minutes of actual play time because the video kept cutting out.
despite the issues on game streaming, the commercials seemed to come in fine though which leads me to believe it wasn't my end.

anybody else watch on-line last night, or attempt to? don't typically stream these but the past couple games leave a lot to be desired if this is the future of sports broadcasting (or streaming).

Reaction Score
I tried and had the same problem. Thought it was my connection but looks like it was ESPN's.

Reaction Score
I used WatchESPN on my laptop and except for one time where it skipped about 5 seconds of action instantaneously I had no issues.

Reaction Score
Watched the game on watchespn on my iPad. No problem.

Reaction Score
can't tell if the issue was on my end or ESPN's. actually saw maybe 5 minutes of actual play time because the video kept cutting out.
despite the issues on game streaming, the commercials seemed to come in fine though which leads me to believe it wasn't my end.

anybody else watch on-line last night, or attempt to? don't typically stream these but the past couple games leave a lot to be desired if this is the future of sports broadcasting (or streaming).
Watched it on ESPN on my IPad...had a screen freeze and when it refreshed they fast forwarded. One cut out. Thought it was my ancient router.

Reaction Score
interesting. was going to check out the PC, but was too lazy.
does geography make a difference?
admittedly, i'm a technical newbie. used to have the motivation to figure things out, now i just want to plug and play without any hassle...

Reaction Score
Is it possible that ads are not actually streamed? Like, perhaps they're just loading that in the background and waiting to serve them to you when it's time to show them. As such, any connection difficulties wouldn't be apparent during ads.

Just a thought.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm working second shift this week and came home around midnight.

Pulled up the WatchESPN app. The feed was horrible. I'd try to skip forward through the under 16 min TO in the 1st half by dragging the timeline bar. It put me to the 10 min mark in the 2nd half.

I use the WatchESPN App quite a bit and last night was one of my worst experiences watching a replay.

Reaction Score
i used it on my tablet and then casted it to my chromecast. it was fine. didn't have a problem all night.

Reaction Score
I got it on the watchESPN app on my phone and casted to my TV, I had minor issues but I believe they were all due to my own internet hiccupping because it seemed to coincide with my wife's connection issues on a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom