WarrenNolan.com website projects UConn at 27-2 in Regular Season | The Boneyard

WarrenNolan.com website projects UConn at 27-2 in Regular Season

Reaction Score
I came across this website today. It projects UConn's only regular season losses this season will be to South Carolina and Baylor. Most analysts don't foresee UConn losing in its home state this season.

The site projects an 8-point UConn win against DePaul.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
I came across this website today. It projects UConn's only regular season losses this season will be to South Carolina and Baylor. Most analysts don't foresee UConn losing in its home state this season.

Pac 12 , it's possible to lose to Baylor and South Carolina , but if Cox is still AWOL who knows. And though The Gamecocks are good they better be clucking on all throats when the Huskies pay them a visit.

Reaction Score

And I can call the beasties from the vasty deep but will they come, will they come?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Site seems to be similar to Massey although the algorithm must be quite different
Massey has us #1 and by extension, favored in every game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

The same model is predicting that Arizona will go 17-1 in the Pac-12 and that Notre Dame will go 4-14 in the ACC.

Warren Nolan's site is great for tracking scores, results and team sheets. But that predictive model is garbage.

Reaction Score
Hard to have any confidence in a model that predicts the Arizona Wildcats with one loss in conference play. Of the eight games against the top four in the conference I think the Wildcats realistically could win one or two at home. It'll be a much different endeavor when they go on the road however.

Reaction Score
EricLA.com website predicts UCONN will end the regular season with 1 loss and will win the NC! :p
No point in feeling the rain until it actually rains. Winning is: Preparation, Talent, experience AND a positive ATTITUDE. (YOU WIN!!)

Reaction Score
The same model is predicting that Arizona will go 17-1 in the Pac-12 and that Notre Dame will go 4-14 in the ACC.

Warren Nolan's site is great for tracking scores, results and team sheets. But that predictive model is garbage.
ND??? 4 wins 14 losses in AAC. Possible, to me, unlikely. Like them or dis like them it's hard to believe a MM team would be so seriously under prepared, under coached, under talented> As I did with Pat before her I enjoyed not liking her or her teams but respect as not far away.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I never thought this team would go undefeated. Two loses based on the level of competition they have scheduled this year is not an unreasonable assumption. They won’t lose any regular season or conference tournament games. When UConn completes its AAC farewell tour, it will do so with an incomparable record and exceptional distinction of having never lost a game during their 7 year association.

I can see this team getting to the second weekend of the tournament, which is too far away at THIS time to make any predictions beyond that. We need to see the brackets and identify the 1 & 2 seeds before we can make any realistic final four predictions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Trying to figure out how that predictive model would allow Arizona to be ranked so low and yet beat so many higher ranked teams later this season. Wonder if that algorithm heavily weights consecutive wins and so is over weighting the 6 wins that Arizona compiled in the WNIT at the end of last season.

I heartily agree that its predictive value lacks credibility.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out how that predictive model would allow Arizona to be ranked so low and yet beat so many higher ranked teams later this season. Wonder if that algorithm heavily weights consecutive wins and so is over weighting the 6 wins that Arizona compiled in the WNIT at the end of last season.

I heartily agree that its predictive value lacks credibility.
No idea, but I suspect the predictions are not based on RPI rankings. I see no information about what they're actually based on.

Reaction Score
There may be an pro-Arizona bias in the predictive model because the website projects that the Arizona men will go undefeated in PAC-12 play. That is far more likely than the Arizona women going 17-1 in conference this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There may be an pro-Arizona bias in the predictive model because the website projects that the Arizona men will go undefeated in PAC-12 play. That is far more likely than the Arizona women going 17-1 in conference this season.

I think that's just as unlikely. Zero chance of that happening. They've struggled against some very mediocre teams at times this year. Oregon and Washington both look fairly good. Just no way the Cats run the table.

Reaction Score
Massey gives odds for every game based on past performance. In a game that they have the odds at 55-45 the projected result is a win for 55. But in projecting an entire season they factor in that teams will lose some games. UConn is favored to win every individual game this season but Massey projects they will lose just under 2 games over the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom