Warning: MSU Still Partying | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warning: MSU Still Partying

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I believe the last time they lost in regulation (before the Stanford loss) was to Notre Dame during the NCAA tournament semi-finals in Indianapolis on April 3, 2011 - 72-63. That's a span of over 6 years. Impressive!!! ;)
Thanks. Amazing!

Reaction Score
Dark Star pinned the only defeat on Native Dancer (in the 1953 Kentucky Derby) and Upset was the only horse to beat Man o' War (in the 1919 Sanford Stakes at Saratoga) but they're little more than answers to trivia questions, these days. Better to be the champion that occasionally loses than the team that occasionally upsets the champion but doesn't win the championship.

You may be correct--in all you say--it's an opinion--My favorite horse of all time was Assault---you know your nags--I'm sure you know that one too. She was much like Miss St. Won a few

Again--your opinion or even the opinion of Einstein or FDR, JFK, LBJ, Hillary, Trump--the Pope==
opinions stated by notables--are still opinions--and not worth one cent more than mine or yours.

If you ask Miss St in total--alum, students, fans, profs---this occasional or singular win--to them is only a small bit less than the NC (except for the money)---had they beaten DUKE or Baylor or Lullyvull--it would be NOTHING---but a team that won 11 NCs a bit more Final 4's, 111 wins in a row (835 days so it says)--and MS St beat them--this shall go down in Miss St History , Sports History, NCAA history--and I'll bet more people in the WORLD know that Miss St beat Uconn than
those know USC won the NC beating Miss St.

Reaction Score
I am late to the thread.... but I am with a lot of the other posters...... let MSU have their time to bask in the limelight.... it was a great great victory for them and their program.....

and college is for whooping it up for sure..... I salute them and their victory....

can't find fault with their celebrating... as long as their is no disrespect between the 2 programs.... which I don't think there is....

Congrats again Mississippi State....

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I appreciate how gracious the UConn fans have been the last few months. We certainly have celebrated but more fans are ready for football than anything else lol.

I do think they take a step back this season. Dillingham, Richardson, Okorie and Chapel all stepped up and played crucial roles. Vivians, William and McGowan are back but I hope that team finds some help for depth and supporting roles.
I thought that Okorie was granted another year of eligibility.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
You may be correct--in all you say--it's an opinion--My favorite horse of all time was Assault---you know your nags--I'm sure you know that one too. She was much like Miss St. Won a few

Again--your opinion or even the opinion of Einstein or FDR, JFK, LBJ, Hillary, Trump--the Pope==
opinions stated by notables--are still opinions--and not worth one cent more than mine or yours.

If you ask Miss St in total--alum, students, fans, profs---this occasional or singular win--to them is only a small bit less than the NC (except for the money)---had they beaten DUKE or Baylor or Lullyvull--it would be NOTHING---but a team that won 11 NCs a bit more Final 4's, 111 wins in a row (835 days so it says)--and MS St beat them--this shall go down in Miss St History , Sports History, NCAA history--and I'll bet more people in the WORLD know that Miss St beat Uconn than
those know USC won the NC beating Miss St.
Assault is such an interesting--but certainly not unworthy--choice as your favorite horse. After stepping on a surveyor's stake at the King Ranch, he walked with a limp. Talk about an underdog! Yet Assault showed no sign of the injury when he ran and won thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown in 1943.

Reaction Score
Assault is such an interesting--but certainly not unworthy--choice as your favorite horse. After stepping on a surveyor's stake at the King Ranch, he walked with a limp. Talk about an underdog! Yet Assault showed no sign of the injury when he ran and won thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown in 1943.
You know your horses---- thanks, for the full rundown. In this day an age and distance from her
Assault is a very obscure horse.

Reaction Score
This Miss St for Miss St--is College BB at it's best---they took on the Giant and not only survived but WON.
If Uconn fans cannot rejoice in their ability to rejoice--then you have short memories of those dry spells before we KNEW them to be dry spells--Most teams don't have DRY SPELLs --they have a once in a life time win--per Miss St. I rejoice they are rejoicing. This isn't an insult to Uconn ===it is
showing the respect WBB has for the power, abilities, history of UConn--they (jack) killed the Giant.
Rejoice? WTH?!?!

This is why some of the men's fans don't like coming here. There is way too much self-righteous patting yourself on the back for being a superfan of "the game".

I can appreciate their enthusiasm over a great accomplishment. I will tip my cap to them and say, well done. But, rejoice? I don't think so. I want my team to crush all comers for the rest of eternity. Any deviation will leave me with a desire to watch them enact revenge. This is UConn, dammit! This is basketball! This isn't Polo at a royal estate in England.

Reaction Score
Rejoice? WTH?!?!

This is why some of the men's fans don't like coming here. There is way too much self-righteous patting yourself on the back for being a superfan of "the game".

I can appreciate their enthusiasm over a great accomplishment. I will tip my cap to them and say, well done. But, rejoice? I don't think so. I want my team to crush all comers for the rest of eternity. Any deviation will leave me with a desire to watch them enact revenge. This is UConn, dammit! This is basketball! This isn't Polo at a royal estate in England.
A Nit is back out there picking again---YOU SELECT ONE WORD and jump all over it.
REJOICE-- get a life--and find a word you can live with---
I've been a Uconn Fan (Men and Women) since 1956 ---Uconn fans --have raised hell against other teams , usually top teams, but in Big games were sportsman like enough to be happy for them.
There are always disgruntled --people who don't like themselves --.
THIS IS UCONN ?? Hey guy, dig out your dictionary and find another word to Nitpick

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I would hope (and predict) that Geno is at work on scheduling a regular-season home-and-home series with Mississippi State, hopefully starting in the 2018-19 season. These are two teams that should play each other on a regular basis, if only so that the two coaches can match wits!

Reaction Score
Not only is Miss St still party but South Carolina is still partying as well. A'ja Wilson posted several instagram videos of her watching the Championship game on SEC Network. Coach Staley is still posting pix of her and the Netlace.

I must say I haven't seen UCONN celebrate in this way in a long time.

On the other hand, right now there is no other team that can legitimately state that every single year they play there is a high likelihood they will win the championship. Every single year for the past 17 years there is a ~90% chance you are going to go to the Final Four.
Pretty much every single player that has aspirations of playing in the WNBA will play if you attend the program.

So...yeah.. I see why Miss St and South Carolina are partying it up and trying to relive the moment of glory. ---->There is a very high chance that it may not come your way again.
As well she should. For Staley, they were the first champion since UCONN's historic "4 consecutive years in a row championship run" and thought they did not get to play UCONN for the Title, they will always be remembered as the team that got that next championship. Sort of like UConn in 95.' There was a question being posed last year of who would be the first team to win it other than UConn and most thought it would be Notre Dame. South Carolina got the championship and they deserved it. As for Dawn at her young age and no signs of slowing down, she will most likely get more, but time will see. She is still in her 40's and seems to be recruiting well enough to put herself in position. This is actually good for the game and adds to UConns legacy, in my opinion. It shuts up the argument from the Men's side that no teams challenge UConn, therefore their dominance must be legit, but we know is should be revered. Hopefully this brings new major players, which will increase the storyline and ultimately grow the women's college basketball game for all teams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Rejoice? WTH?!?!

Reaction Score
The only mistake MSU made was losing to South Carolina in the championship game. That was as if the 1980 USA hockey team had beaten the Russians, but lost to Finland (and thus lost the gold medal).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom