Warning: MSU Still Partying | The Boneyard

Warning: MSU Still Partying

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I made the mistake of reading this. MSU women's basketball team's historic victory whets appetite for more

"To say MSU took over American Airlines Center in Dallas would be an understatement. Fans typically will side with the underdog, especially in a case like this one when MSU, in its first appearance in the Final Four, was vying to snap UConn's college-basketball record 111-game winning streak. Morgan William's game-winning shot, which made it to the finals of the voting for the Best Play ESPY, helped send the crowd into a frenzy and left UConn and its fans wondering what hit them. Former MSU quarterback and current Dallas Cowboys starter Dak Prescott was so excited he didn't know what to do. He wanted to throw his cap. If he could have, he likely would have stormed the court, but he would have had to jump over several rows of media members from his seat in the first few rows.

Fans will have their chance to relive the game at 7 p.m. Tuesday as part of Mississippi State's SEC Network Takeover."

Actually, I don't begrudge them there reveling and Vic is a hard guy to dislike. BUT I'd love the Huskies to grind them into dust in the next NCAA Tourney.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Thank you for letting those of us who get the SEC Network know to record the replay of the UConn - Mississippi State game which is going to be broadcast tomorrow (Tuesday) evening at 7 PM (until 10 PM). My original recording did not last long enough to pick up the overtime period, so I will be happy to have this replacement.

Reaction Score
This Miss St for Miss St--is College BB at it's best---they took on the Giant and not only survived but WON.
If Uconn fans cannot rejoice in their ability to rejoice--then you have short memories of those dry spells before we KNEW them to be dry spells--Most teams don't have DRY SPELLs --they have a once in a life time win--per Miss St. I rejoice they are rejoicing. This isn't an insult to Uconn ===it is
showing the respect WBB has for the power, abilities, history of UConn--they (jack) killed the Giant.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree. Let them regale vociferously while throwing caution to the wind. Eat, drink and be merry. They earned it. They did something no other program was able to do. They took down Goliath.

The Huskies hadn't lost in 865 days. It's very possible MSU may never pass this way again. How many "GOOD" teams laden with experience, talent and depth, begin the season with a legitimate chance to get to the FF, only to stumble or fall short and be turned away?

Being the tournament runner-up, everyone on their schedule will want to measure their program against MSU, and try to "muzzle" the bulldogs.

Fans, players and coaches all know how hard it is to survive and advance beyond the first 4 games. Nothing is guaranteed. Most recently, several #1 seeds have failed to get their ticket punched for the final four, usually the hottest ticket in town.

Reaction Score
I'm going to miss watching Briggingham play next year. I liked seeing the expression on her face all the time.

That said...Saniya should've kicked it back to KLS for that last shot.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Let them enjoy their victory. They earned it.

However, if there is a rematch, I would not want to be in Miss State's sneakers!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
UConn is WCBB @ its very best. If you get to be one of the few who beat them you feel like you've conquered the sport itself. I hope they continue to do well the more good teams in the sport the better. I guess the real key to beating UConn is to make them play past regulation. The last 40 minute game they lost was 3/12/2013... That's a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I appreciate how gracious the UConn fans have been the last few months. We certainly have celebrated but more fans are ready for football than anything else lol.

I do think they take a step back this season. Dillingham, Richardson, Okorie and Chapel all stepped up and played crucial roles. Vivians, William and McGowan are back but I hope that team finds some help for depth and supporting roles.

Reaction Score
UConn is WCBB @ its very best. If you get to be one of the few who beat them you feel like you've conquered the sport itself. I hope they continue to do well the more good teams in the sport the better. I guess the real key to beating UConn is to make them play past regulation. The last 40 minute game they lost was 3/12/2013... That's a long time ago.
If you follow Geno's philosophy: You have stated it! Geno's teams play against the GAME itself.
How to get Uconn to approach the impossible: PERFECTION
Excellent post!! Thanks.

Reaction Score
Not only is Miss St still party but South Carolina is still partying as well. A'ja Wilson posted several instagram videos of her watching the Championship game on SEC Network. Coach Staley is still posting pix of her and the Netlace.

I must say I haven't seen UCONN celebrate in this way in a long time.

On the other hand, right now there is no other team that can legitimately state that every single year they play there is a high likelihood they will win the championship. Every single year for the past 17 years there is a ~90% chance you are going to go to the Final Four.
Pretty much every single player that has aspirations of playing in the WNBA will play if you attend the program.

So...yeah.. I see why Miss St and South Carolina are partying it up and trying to relive the moment of glory. ---->There is a very high chance that it may not come your way again.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I appreciate how gracious the UConn fans have been the last few months. We certainly have celebrated but more fans are ready for football than anything else lol.

I do think they take a step back this season. Dillingham, Richardson, Okorie and Chapel all stepped up and played crucial roles. Vivians, William and McGowan are back but I hope that team finds some help for depth and supporting roles.

Just make sure you bloody up SC a little for us. :D :D

Reaction Score
celebrating is always good. But there's a phrase in football (attributed to Vince Lombardi and also Bear Bryant, but who knows?): when you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before. Of course, that applies only to players/fans who actually have been there before. UConn plays/fans not only have been there, they live there.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I agree. Let them regale vociferously while throwing caution to the wind. Eat, drink and be merry. They earned it. They did something no other program was able to do. They took down Goliath.

The Huskies hadn't lost in 865 days. It's very possible MSU may never pass this way again. How many "GOOD" teams laden with experience, talent and depth, begin the season with a legitimate chance to get to the FF, only to stumble or fall short and be turned away?

Being the tournament runner-up, everyone on their schedule will want to measure their program against MSU, and try to "muzzle" the bulldogs.

Fans, players and coaches all know how hard it is to survive and advance beyond the first 4 games. Nothing is guaranteed. Most recently, several #1 seeds have failed to get their ticket punched for the final four, usually the hottest ticket in town.
How many days since anyone needed only 40 minutes to beat the Huskies?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I made the mistake of reading this. MSU women's basketball team's historic victory whets appetite for more

"To say MSU took over American Airlines Center in Dallas would be an understatement. Fans typically will side with the underdog, especially in a case like this one when MSU, in its first appearance in the Final Four, was vying to snap UConn's college-basketball record 111-game winning streak. Morgan William's game-winning shot, which made it to the finals of the voting for the Best Play ESPY, helped send the crowd into a frenzy and left UConn and its fans wondering what hit them. Former MSU quarterback and current Dallas Cowboys starter Dak Prescott was so excited he didn't know what to do. He wanted to throw his cap. If he could have, he likely would have stormed the court, but he would have had to jump over several rows of media members from his seat in the first few rows.

Fans will have their chance to relive the game at 7 p.m. Tuesday as part of Mississippi State's SEC Network Takeover."

Actually, I don't begrudge them there reveling and Vic is a hard guy to dislike. BUT I'd love the Huskies to grind them into dust in the next NCAA Tourney.
Dark Star pinned the only defeat on Native Dancer (in the 1953 Kentucky Derby) and Upset was the only horse to beat Man o' War (in the 1919 Sanford Stakes at Saratoga) but they're little more than answers to trivia questions, these days. Better to be the champion that occasionally loses than the team that occasionally upsets the champion but doesn't win the championship.

Carnac

Reaction Score
How many days since anyone needed only 40 minutes to beat the Huskies?

I believe the last time they lost in regulation (before the Stanford loss) was to Notre Dame during the NCAA tournament semi-finals in Indianapolis on April 3, 2011 - 72-63. That's a span of over 6 years. Impressive!!! ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score

Hey MSSportsGuy, most of us here in the yard are not mad at you and yours as you continue to revel in your last win over UConn. Your coach and his girls took a page from the old "Smith Barney" commercials in the 1980's that featured the late John Houseman. They played a good game. They took down the elephant in the room. They got the victory the same way that Houseman reminded us that Smith-Barney made their money "the old fashioned way".........................................

Congratulations once again with your glasses raised, cheers. Hopefully our paths will cross once again this spring. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Let them enjoy their victory. They earned it.

However, if there is a rematch, I would not want to be in Miss State's sneakers!

Indeed. There would be some "extra motivation" on UConn's part. It's also a game they wouldn't have any trouble selling out. Fans from BOTH sides would want to be in attendance for that one. If for no other reason to see if lightning can strike twice. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I believe the last time they lost in regulation (before the Stanford loss) was to Notre Dame during the NCAA tournament semi-finals in Indianapolis on April 3, 2011 - 72-63. That's a span of over 6 years. Impressive!!! ;)

I stand corrected............................ The last 40 minute game they lost was 3/12/2013... That's a long time ago.

Thanks Nuyoika.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom