Warde waiting for grades? | The Boneyard

Warde waiting for grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde is in a position where he needs all the public support he can get. Even though I see it as acceptance of mid-majordom (mid-majorhood?) I imagine he will give Ollie an extension after the holidays. Here's my question though, What if he still can't land top notch players?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Warde is in a position where he needs all the public support he can get. Even though I see it as acceptance of mid-majordom (mid-majorhood?)

Major martyrdom?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Warde is in a position where he needs all the public support he can get. Even though I see it as acceptance of mid-majordom (mid-majorhood?) I imagine he will give Ollie an extension after the holidays. Here's my question though, What if he still can't land top notch players?
Then he'll be a UConn football coach!

D

Deleted member 3149

warde- how about you get you get your fat ass off the couch and hire KO. nobody dislikes him. He can't recruit when he doesn't even have a job. You want this program to be good, unlike the joke of a buffalo program you came from. Am i all about building young men and seeing them succeed in the classroom? yes. But at the end of the day, these kids are here to win national championships. Stop ruining our program that we love and commit our whole fan-hood towards.

Reaction Score
It is really important to know whether Kevin Ollie is helping tutor these kids with their homework properly.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Warde is waiting for Big East play so Ollie losses some more. Then he won't have to offer a more expensive contract. It's a business tactic.

Reaction Score
Ollie has already landed some pretty good players. His problem is to continue to land top players in our new conference.

Reaction Score
Ollie has already landed some pretty good players. His problem is to continue to land top players in our new conference.
Which is why we should thank him for his efforts and go out and land a coach who top players will want to play for. Who can recruit on his own name. Like Memphis did when they hired Calipari. Like Louisville did when they were in CUSA and needed a bump to get back to a national program so they hired Pitino. I don't know who we should hire, I leave that to Warde and you guys, but we should do whatever it takes to hire someone who people will come to play for despite the conference situation. Ollie is not that guy.

Reaction Score
Which is why we should thank him for his efforts and go out and land a coach who top players will want to play for. Who can recruit on his own name. Like Memphis did when they hired Calipari. Like Louisville did when they were in CUSA and needed a bump to get back to a national program so they hired Pitino. I don't know who we should hire, I leave that to Warde and you guys, but we should do whatever it takes to hire someone who people will come to play for despite the conference situation. Ollie is not that guy.

This is such a stupid post it's amazing. I'm mostly a long time lurker, but your posts seriously just bash Ollie without any correct reasoning behind it. Have you ever talked to any of the players? Because it doesn't sound like it. I've talked to DD when he was a freshman, and when asked WHY he specifically picked UConn, his answer wasn't JC (who was still coach at the time), it was not our conference, it was not our fan base, it was not our facilities, it was "Kevin Ollie". Ollie's experience in the NBA, his connections, his demeanor, etc are all GREAT attributes that recruits like. So like I said, you could not be more wrong and it's laughable.

Reaction Score

Look under your hat, you'll find the answer.

Reaction Score
O
This is such a stupid post it's amazing. I'm mostly a long time lurker, but your posts seriously just bash Ollie without any correct reasoning behind it. Have you ever talked to any of the players? Because it doesn't sound like it. I've talked to DD when he was a freshman, and when asked WHY he specifically picked UConn, his answer wasn't JC (who was still coach at the time), it was not our conference, it was not our fan base, it was not our facilities, it was "Kevin Ollie". Ollie's experience in the NBA, his connections, his demeanor, etc are all GREAT attributes that recruits like. So like I said, you could not be more wrong and it's laughable.
Oh well then...one 18 year old kid says it. Must be a fact. So if Ollie decided to go coach at,lets say Central connecticut, I guess we can assume he'd recruit comparable players there...after all one player really likes him.

Reaction Score
Dont bother arguing with the Scooter. He dragged his feet through 3 national championships criticizing calhoun, his players, his coaching style, his offense, his defense, you name it. He did it the entire way. Dont worry, Warde will hold out until we can lure away Coach K or Roy Williams. Hell, maybe Phil Jackson will come out of retirement to go head to head with Larry Brown. Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom