Warde 'not commenting' on P future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde 'not commenting' on P future

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
I have seen enough of Manuel. He should be fired tomorrow along with Pasqualoni and Deleone. I don't want to spend the next 4 years watching Manuel grind the athletic program into the ground. He is the wrong guy for the job.
I find the fact that he let PP keep GDL on staff and play an active roll this year to the detriment of UCONN, the team and the fans, most Disturbing and a sign of Bad Management! aka I am not impressed by WM so far!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What scares me is the money pool. I can see holy hell being raised locally if UConn gives the next HC $2 million, even if it comes directly from Jim Calhoun himself.

Reaction Score
Can't go cheap. 2 mill, minimum. You can get someone with some "gravitas" for that borrow a phrase from Sue.
Also gotta make sure we pony up $$ for staff to do it right. $450,000 for OC and DC, $225,000-$200,000 for rest of staff.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Get ready for a less than zero attendance the rest of the way

Reaction Score
Love the fact that P stated that they had a young team on the field. Of course he was going to fall back on that one. We all should wear brown paper bags for the USF game.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
No they won't. When people move on, it takes a lot to get them back.

True. Don't see many people reupping their season tix to see a 3 to 4 win team, tops, in the AAC. Especially if they get a coach approved by Larry and the HS coaches.
I want them to hate and despise the next coach.
Then I know he'll be great

Reaction Score
What scares me is the money pool. I can see holy hell being raised locally if UConn gives the next HC $2 million, even if it comes directly from Jim Calhoun himself.

If Sue/Warde are as attuned to the financials of the FBS coaching market as I HOPE they are they should not listen to the ivory tower ninnies on editorial boards of news papers or who write letters to the editor decrying the "big money evils" of college sports

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't go cheap. 2 mill, minimum. You can get someone with some "gravitas" for that borrow a phrase from Sue.
The next coach has to be worth that much. I've had a similar conversation with a Cowboy fan friend of mine about Doug Free (full disclosure: I'm a 'Skins fan). Just because you pay him like an elite left tackle, doesn't mean he plays like an elite left tackle.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll be there with THE GF. So that's at least 2...

I'll be there. Will my two friends who are not UConn-specific fans still come with me? Unclear...

(I might be a tailgate of 1 for that game)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Or if we're real lucky, they'll hire a "Rock Star"...

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
I'll be there. Will my two friends who are not UConn-specific fans still come with me? Unclear...

(I might be a tailgate of 1 for that game)

Dan, I'll bring some IPA's and THE GF will grill your sausage, so that's at least 3 for your tailgate...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Dan, I'll bring some IPA's and THE GF will grill your sausage, so that's at least 3 for your tailgate...

Does she look anything like the avatar? If so, I'll let it slide that it says "Geaux Tigers" across her...well, across her...

Reaction Score
Alright. Warde probably thinks and knows he could be a better coach than pp and I can assure you he wants him fired now. However.... If we think he has all the power in the decision we are wrong. I'm sure Suzy aka the soft president who should have nothing to do with sports has half the decision.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Does she look anything like the avatar? If so, I'll let it slide that it says "Geaux Tigers" across her...well, across her...

THE GF strongly prefers Bama to LSU (she adopted a 2nd team to root for on our drive up to the Grand Canyon on hearing the Edsall news, theorizing Hathaway wasn't competent to hire a competent replacement), but yes, she looks pretty much just like that lil' tiger, except with bigger hips...

Reaction Score
I read in an old CFB coaches salary list that Coach Quinn of Buffalo was making 2.5 mil. How does that happen?

Reaction Score
I'm sure that is not accurate. At UB he is probably making 600k, and that would be near the top of MAC coaches, I would imagine.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I read in an old CFB coaches salary list that Coach Quinn of Buffalo was making 2.5 mil. How does that happen?

This one has him making 400k:

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

I can't substantiate it with any other link though, and there is no audit trail as to when this was published. I'm assuming it's recent, since it lists PP as 1.7mil. However, I heard Quinn signed a new contract very recently. Still, it would be hard for me to believe that Buffalo gave him a raise from 400k to 2.5million....talk about over-paying...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Tee hee.

Sorry, with the debacle that has become UConn football under PPGDL my personality has fractured into at least 12 different personas, and the dominant one seems to be 12 years old...

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Tee hee.

Sorry, with the debacle that has become UConn football under PPGDL my personality has fractured into at least 12 different personas, and the dominant one seems to be 12 years old...

Join the club. I'm sure Dan welcomes you to our tailgate and THE GF would grill yours too...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Join the club. I'm sure Dan welcomes you to our tailgate and THE GF would grill yours too...

That's at least three sausages to grill...should be fine, I think... :p

(I used to be classy until Pasqualoni took my football away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom