Warde Manuel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now maybe we, as passionate fans, can back off "Warde's back" and let him do his job without sarcastic remarks. This man knows what needs to be done, and has his own methods for reaching his goals without our help.

For me, I kept on saying Warde had a "tough job" to sell UConn football "to some of the best" and was afraid we'd end up with a coach from MAC or a rising 1-aa coach. I'm not criticizing people in those positions, or their accomplishments, it just wasn't "MY" preference.

Yesterday, I suggested it may be TJW, which would not have hurt my feelings. And now I hope HCBD sees some value of keeping TJW as OC (if TJ wants it.......) and perhaps as OC and Ass't HC.

Often I ended my commentary stating "I hoped I was 1,000,000% wrong"........again referencing my fears, not criticizing those who were accomplished in their own rights.

Well, Warde proved me 1,000,000% wrong........and I'm doing backflips.....which is hazardous at my age!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A lot of people would be doing a lot of favors to a lot of other people if the Boneyard would retire two "inside jokes."

1) Anything sentence, passage, or single breath referencing Warde Manuel and a certain confectionary treat.
2) 20 minutes (you know what in mean.)

Reaction Score
If warde gets us into a p5 conference, then we can officially say he's done a great job. I'd like to see how diaco coaches before saying anything prematurely

Absolutely. But . . . that's not to say this isn't a terrific hire. Definitely generating a different feel than the PP hire four years ago that's for sure. This time there is some excitement not ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Think it's time to post this clip again... this time it's a preview of WM's presser:

So is Coach Narduzzi waking up this morning doing his best Clay Davis impression? Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If warde gets us into a p5 conference, then we can officially say he's done a great job. I'd like to see how diaco coaches before saying anything prematurely

His defense was ranked 9th nationally based on his entire time at ND. He's a proven recruiter, his players love him and he has big boy football experience.

For God sakes, Randy Edsall won Big East titles. You really can't see Diaco winning the AAC, AT LEAST once?

Reaction Score
from now on hathaway shall be known as the AD who's name that shall not be spoken...
HP-Wallpaper-harry-potter-26099453-1920-1200.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The one thing you absolutely do by snagging a Notre Dame coordinator is guarantee that UConn football is in every newspaper and on most major sports networks for a few minutes at least. Even if it's just talking about how it hurts Notre Dame. From a PR perspective it's a better hire than the MSU DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom