Warde Manuel Departure From UConn Would Allow Kevin Ollie To Opt Out Of Contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel Departure From UConn Would Allow Kevin Ollie To Opt Out Of Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't be the only one who is annoyed that we seem to discuss this every year. Most of the time completely discounting the one man's opinion who truly knows the answer to the question.
You aren't - this should be a non-story. It's bad enough that the media had to pick this up and try to turn it in to an issue, but it's even worse that we have to have a thread on it.

Reaction Score
We've just gone from persistent rumors about our coach's retirement to persistent rumors about our coach leaving for the NBA.

Ironically -- and maybe fortunately for us -- the aspect of college coaching KO has excelled at lately (recruiting) is the one aspect of the job that doesn't translate to the NBA. The aspect that most directly translates to the NBA (in-game coaching: X's and O's, timeouts, substitution pattern) is where he's shown the greatest deficiency.

I would be surprised if KO is considered a hot commodity after what may be two mediocre years in a row. But we'll see.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ironically -- and maybe fortunately for us -- the aspect of college coaching KO has excelled at lately (recruiting) is the one aspect of the job that doesn't translate to the NBA. The aspect that most directly translates to the NBA (in-game coaching: X's and O's, timeouts, substitution pattern) is where he's shown the greatest deficiency.

A very huge one is player (ego) management. Doc Rivers sucks at all of the former, but, Blake fights not withstanding, he's really good at the latter. That's why he still has a (well compensated) job.

Ollie would crush this skill.

I would be surprised if KO is considered a hot commodity after what may be two mediocre years in a row. But we'll see.

His attractiveness is significantly enhance by the perception, whether true or not, that he could lure free agents like Durant to a particular team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
where's Kevin going to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads