Warde Manuel at the game | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I saw the UConn AD at the game, walked right by him as a matter of fact. He's a big guy, a former football player IIRC. I would have chatted him up a bitbut he looked rather forbidding. You'd never have known UConn was up by 40 point - he looked like they were losing big.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Believe he was a defensive end at Michigan.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He had face time on TV.
As ice said, he had face time on TV. He was interviewed by the SNY roving reporter, who I really like as she asks more blunt questions (ie. to Geno at halftime "you looked exasperated at times with your team. why was that?").

She asked Warde a bunch of basic questions but the question everyone was waiting on had to do with the ACC. Warde gave a very PC answer and said "we are monitoring the situation". I believe he also said UCONN has a lot to offer and brings a lot to the table.

Reaction Score
I found it a bit off-putting that WM sat as close as possible to the UCONN bench and appeared to be scrutinizing the coaches and team. Not that Geno has anything to worry about, but how would you like to do your job with your putative boss leaning over your shoulder the entire time? The AD could stand to push himself away from the table and the popcorn concession a bit, too.

Reaction Score
I found it a bit off-putting that WM sat as close as possible to the UCONN bench and appeared to be scrutinizing the coaches and team. Not that Geno has anything to worry about, but how would you like to do your job with your putative boss leaning over your shoulder the entire time? The AD could stand to push himself away from the table and the popcorn concession a bit, too.
This entire post is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
My bosses overlook my work all the time. They read my work product, talk to people I work with about my effectiveness, sit in on conference calls for projects I am on. It is what bosses do. Warde's presence near the bench is not going to intimidate Geno or change how he coaches. Geno knows he has nothing to worry about from a coaching performance perspective. And despite the pending legal action- which I think is either outright bogus or much ado about nothing - Geno's personal life appears to be quite in order with no skeletons lurking in the darkness of his closets.

Reaction Score
It is much more likely that Manuel is as much LEARNING how a hall of fame coaches, than scrutinizing the same for faults.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ADs have always been down and near the bench. Nothing new, no problem.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It is much more likely that Manuel is as much LEARNING how a hall of fame coaches, than scrutinizing the same for faults.
Exactly. He's watching what a great coach does. Maybe learning something that will help him find a football coach who can be succesful at UConn.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Maybe it's as simple as - he's got a great seat because he's the AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom