Ward | The Boneyard

Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the men's basketball looking like they're back to where they belong and the football team getting back on track what is Ward doing to get on us first in line for the next expansion?

Cincinnati just did a 86 million dollar renovation on their football stadium and are going spend another 40 million or so to renovate their basketball arena. ( our FB stadium cost 100 mill)

Houston just opened a brand new FB stadium last year and are about to sepnd 60 million renovating their basketball arena. (for their 300 fans)

Memphis is about to build a new practice facility.

Mean while Connecticut is turning off the lights at Gampel...

Ward's monitoring the situation approach is irritating, Cincinnati and Houston AD's already stated they want out of this conference and are doing what they need to do.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
With the men's basketball looking like they're back to where they belong and the football team getting back on track what is Ward doing to get on us first in line for the next expansion?

Cincinnati just did a 86 million dollar renovation on their football stadium and are going spend another 40 million or so to renovate their basketball arena. ( our FB stadium cost 100 mill)

Houston just opened a brand new FB stadium last year and are about to sepnd 60 million renovating their basketball arena. (for their 300 fans)

Ward's monitoring the situation approach is irritating, Cincinnati and Houston AD's already stated they want out of this conference and are doing what they need to do.

Thoughts?
It took me a second to realize what you meant by turning out the lights. For a moment I thought there was plans to demo Gampel that I didn't know about.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My thought is you should stop clicking on the "Post Reply" button.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are really looking for something to be upset about, and that is pretty weak sauce.

-bball, fball on my sounder footing, as teams appear to be trending upwards
-bball, fball have brank spanking new practice facilities
-Renovation project on gampel is on the funding plan.

***"turning the lights off at gampel** is the most absurd 'spin' i've read in a while. I would recommend you get a life.

Reaction Score
Seriously, when are we going to build a new practice facility. The current one is only getting older!

Look what other programs are doing we are the big time compared to them, Rutgers upgraded their facilities and look at them same with Louisville.

I love our practice facility no doubt one of the best but at the same time look where our hockey team plays, then you got to look at Gampel being outdated. Two birds one stone

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the University/State not building or renovating the football stadium. I don't live there anymore, but I understand the state is not in the best financial situation. The football stadium is not old. We just built a new basketball practice facility and the Gampel roof repair is going to cost a fortune.

Reaction Score
The practice facility is one year old.

One year old.

Old.

Boom, mic drop.

The practice facility was on the work before Ward came along? Ollie had to donate 100k to help furnish it?

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the University/State not building or renovating the football stadium. I don't live there anymore, but I understand the state is not in the best financial situation. The football stadium is not old. We just built a new basketball practice facility and the Gampel roof repair is going to cost a fortune.

Why not build a new multi arena, the hockey team needs to build a new arena anyways since they are required to have at least a 4k in campus arena

Reaction Score
The practice facility was on the work before Ward came along? Ollie had to donate 100k to help furnish it?

So why hasn't he knocked it down and built a better one? Get with the program!

Reaction Score
Why not build a new multi arena, the hockey team needs to build a new arena anyways since they are required to have at least a 4k in campus arena
Replace Gampel with Basketball/Hockey Arena...sounds cool...doesn't sound cheap. More power to whoever can get that done. My taxes aren't going to it.

Reaction Score
Also, can we just say, maybe he won't particularly care to take criticism about details from someone who can't spell his name correctly.

Reaction Score
Between the Rent, Schenkman Training Center, Burton Football Complex, Champions Center for BBall (2 teams), renovations to XL Center, and the new plans for Baseball and Soccer, I don't think there is any state in the country that has spent more over 15 years on facilities. Over $100 million for football and basketball training centers, $100m for football stadium, more coming soon ...

Reaction Score
Also, can we just say, maybe he won't particularly care to take criticism about details from someone who can't spell his name correctly.
Compared to you I guess he doesn't care my guess you think he's doing a superb job. I can bring some ice if you want seeing as you are butt hurt...

Reaction Score
Compared to you I guess he doesn't care my guess you think he's doing a superb job. I can bring some ice if you want seeing as you are butt hurt...

I don't have strong feelings either way on his job performance, but this topic was ripe for mocking.

Nice try on trying to spin it like you burned me though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What I'm about to say has been backed up by family members who have worked intimately with the UConn AD's office over the years.

Conference Realignment is hugely behind the scenes. Schools make moves like renovating facilities and building new ones to improve public image, but the real work at putting together a conference/negotiating an invitation is done in secret without people from West Virginia breaking the news on Twitter or rich schmoes at a car wash in North Carolina tippin. Non-disclosure agreements, standards (AAU) that need to be met before negotiations go further...et cetera.

So with all due respect, all you can do is sit tight and wait. Maybe donate some $$$ to the department if you're financially able to or so inclined. I know that we want to receive explicit confirmation that our B1G dreams are on track to come true, sadly that's not possible. Just keep supporting the program and cheering on our student-athletes.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Didnt they build PAWS ARF with the intention of expanding it in the future? There's just no point in expanding it at this point if it has not been filled to capacity in like 5 years. I'd love a new on campus hockey/basketball arena though.

Reaction Score
Didnt they build PAWS ARF with the intention of expanding it in the future? There's just no point in expanding it at this point if it has not been filled to capacity in like 5 years. I'd love a new on campus hockey/basketball arena though.

You can't wait to fill it to expand it. Build it and they will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom