Wanna watch Nykesha Sales score 46 points again? | The Boneyard

Wanna watch Nykesha Sales score 46 points again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched the whole thing. Great performance by Sales and I am glad we won, but boy oh boy what a sloppy game!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I watched the whole thing. Great performance by Sales and I am glad we won, but boy oh boy what a sloppy game!

'Twas indeed sloppy, but I got chills 17 years later just watching Nykesha's passion, energy, flare, and precision. Also cool seeing Svet Abrosimova as a freshman playing like a frosh but making some nice plays. And hilarious to see Shea on the sidelines with an injury (no, that's not hilarious in and of itself) during timeouts. Her scowl and furrowed brow from then mirror perfectly what she does today as an assistant!!!

Interesting season. Sales's career ended early and tragically (followed, of course, by the staged bucket to begin the Villanova game) . UConn's season ended in the regional finals for the third time in five years. Stanford's season ended in the first round, even though they were a #1 seed, and the loss was to Harvard! Yes, CardFan would be the first to tell you about the injuries Stanford had at the time, but still amazing.

And most tragically, Tennessee's season ended with a 39-0 record and the LV's third consecutive national championship. UGH...

Reaction Score
Great game. Thank you. Big ups to the OP.

Ms Sales not only had a career performance on the offensive end, but throughout the game demonstrated why she was the two time Big East Defensive Player of the Year; A total effort on both ends of the floor.

It was nice to go back in time to see the performances of the icons and of those some of us may have forgotten.

Reaction Score
Excellent performance by Sales.

I remember it like it was 3 days from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom