Walsh’s Wonderings — More than ‘One Shining Moment’ | The Boneyard

Walsh’s Wonderings — More than ‘One Shining Moment’

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very nice. A non-sport sports story!:)

Reaction Score
Thanks for finding it. An unusual take on a player who flies under the radar sometimes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well written. I though this paragraph stood out:

"All the women on this team are exceedingly polite and articulate, but Natalie stands out because of her fortitude. She sat out a year for the privilege of losing her star status as the result of her transfer, then endured withering criticism from UConn’s legion of armchair coaches when she finally returned to the court. Watch their practices and listen to Auriemma scream at her every mistake, but be sure to note the grace with which she receives this coaching. Watch her at every team function: She goes out of her way to make sure every question gets answered and every little girl’s poster gets autographed."

I wonder if anyone on the BY saw themselves in the mirror. Natalie certainly endured her fair share of criticism on this board. I've always liked her demeanor on and off the court, but this article gave me a deeper appreciation of her as a player and a person. Well done Mr. Walsh!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well written. I though this paragraph stood out:

"All the women on this team are exceedingly polite and articulate, but Natalie stands out because of her fortitude. She sat out a year for the privilege of losing her star status as the result of her transfer, then endured withering criticism from UConn’s legion of armchair coaches when she finally returned to the court. Watch their practices and listen to Auriemma scream at her every mistake, but be sure to note the grace with which she receives this coaching. Watch her at every team function: She goes out of her way to make sure every question gets answered and every little girl’s poster gets autographed."

I wonder if anyone on the BY saw themselves in the mirror. Natalie certainly endured her fair share of criticism on this board. I've always liked her demeanor on and off the court, but this article gave me a deeper appreciation of her as a player and a person. Well done Mr. Walsh!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom