Walker ready For Break Out Season | The Boneyard

Walker ready For Break Out Season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
upload_2018-6-26_12-20-25.png

“We’ve seen a big, big change in Megan especially,” Auriemma said. “She’s taken on a different personality, and that happens. Sometimes you need something like the kind of year she had last year to remind you that it’s not supposed to be easy and this isn’t high school. I think that was one of the best things that ever happened to her, and I would think that she’s going to have a great year this year.”

I Hope, I hope, I hope....

With A Changed Outlook, Megan Walker Ready For Breakout Season

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on MW:

- Some of the sentiments expressed by Geno and MW’s teammates are very reminiscent of the praise for Crystal prior to last season, and Crystal’s sophomore leap was tremendous (damned shin splints)

- There is also mention of improvement of the other sophomores. How exciting would it be if Mikayla & Lexi are ready to contribute this coming season.

- In the photo of MW & Pheesa that accompanies the article, MW looks absolutely ripped!!! :)

I can’t wait.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on MW:

- Some of the sentiments expressed by Geno and MW’s teammates are very reminiscent of the praise for Crystal prior to last season, and Crystal’s sophomore leap was tremendous (damned shin splints)

- There is also mention of improvement of the other sophomores. How exciting would it be if Mikayla & Lexi are ready to contribute this coming season.

- In the photo of MW & Pheesa that accompanies the article, MW looks absolutely ripped!!! :)

I can’t wait.

Just cropped the figures and added my own caption. Phessa "MW, slow down. That is it. I am too old to compete with the young stud. Got to chill":

upload_2018-6-26_15-27-35.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just cropped the figures and added my own caption. Phessa "MW, slow down. That is it. I am too old to compete with the young stud. Got to chill":

View attachment 32436

A couple of thoughts here. We know that Collier works extremely hard year round. She's very serious about her development on and off the court. She wants to have a fabulous senior year, and go out waiving a NC trophy, and be a lottery pick in the WNBA draft next April. We'd all like to see her do that. Megan picked and excellent teammate to workout with. I'd also like to see Lexie and Mikayla in these photos. They would also benefit greatly from training sessions of this nature.

There is NO WAY Walker can hang out with Collier all summer and not benefit greatly from that experience. During this time, Collier is no doubt also talking to her and sharing her knowledge and experiences with her 1 on 1, while they're away from the campus and their teammates. Those private talks can be as important as the training workouts. Iron sharpens iron. I'll be shocked if we don't see a marked improvement in Walker's game this season. She'll reap the benefits later of the work she's putting in now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't see ripped. I'll go with toned. As far as the upcoming season goes, except for our three starters I'm from Missouri.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom