Walk Ons : Past and Present, Who Contributed the Most | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walk Ons : Past and Present, Who Contributed the Most

Reaction Score
Best UConn basketball rapper: Shamon Tooles, Ed Nelson or Tyler Olander
I guess you're just being funny, but for those who haven't heard their music, the correct answer is Toolzie. He's better than a lot of professional rappers.

Reaction Score
I don’t mean to be rude but I vote Ed Nelson.
I lived in Hilltop Suites the year he did a workout for NFL teams on the field behind the rec center. Someone with really good speakers blasted "Pickup Truck" out the window to provide his workout with some background music.

Reaction Score
John Shea also played baseball and basketball in the mid-80s, but I can't remember if he was a walk-on for the basketball team. I recall that he got more than scrap minutes on a couple of occasions, but I don't recall the circumstances. I know he went on to play baseball in the minors.
John Shea would score something like 17 points in the preseason blue white scrimmage and then do virtually nothing after that. I actually knew him, he was a roommate of my friend Tony in one of the alumni dorms.

Reaction Score
E.J. Harrison. Played a key role as a ball handler. A member of our first national title team in 1999.

Reaction Score
E.J. Harrison. Played a key role as a ball handler. A member of our first national title team in 1999.

Harrison was neighbor's with my Aunt when he (and me) was growing up. Since I had a cousin my age I slept over that house a lot when I was a kid. EJ was in high school (I was in elementary school) at the time and I can vouch via hearing it that he would be up practicing to 2 or 3 in the morning every weekend morning. The kid worked his butt off and was always outside with a basketball in his hands working on his skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom