Walk-On Quiz | The Boneyard

Walk-On Quiz

Reaction Score
Recently I felt the need to stress the importance of Husky walk-ons. I recounted the short jumper by Briana Pulido, last basket scored in her career and in Stewie's last game for UConn. That made shot literally brought the house down, as fans went wild with pure joy—and appreciation. And why else were they cheering?

th

So, I was thinking about other stuff I remembered about the 2 walk-ons that served as running mates together at Storrs. See what you recall.

Briana came to UConn in 2012, and her companion walk-on followed. Who was Briana's fellow walk-on? What hometown did Briana share with a more famous Husky? Who was that Husky? Why was Briana called “Polly”? Who recruited these walk-ons? What vocational interest did each have? (Deep dive): Cocohusky started a tread called “I see you,_____” to honor which one (both?) of these walk-ons?

Personal note: What value do UConn walk-ons have, if any, for you? For Geno?
UConn WBB Weekly: The Huskies’ history with walk-ons - The UConn Blog

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
MJL243 has posted the video of Briana Pulido's last shot on YouTube. (It might be posted on WBB forum too...)

Reaction Score
MJL243 has posted the video of Briana Pulido's last shot on YouTube. (It might be posted on WBB forum too...)

The UConn Blog reported Pulido's shot as a 3-pointer, but it wasn't. Just a short jumper.

Reaction Score
Quiz answers: fellow walk-on Tierney Lawlor
called Polly too many other Breannas (Stewart and Banks)
Stewie recruited the walk-ons
Paulido wanted medical school, Lawlor majored in agriculture.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The UConn Blog reported Pulido's shot as a 3-pointer, but it wasn't. Just a short jumper.
It wasn't a short jumper. She had her feet on the three-point line when she jumped and landed behind it.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Briana's shot was one of the really memorable moments in UConn WBB history. Total joy on display.
If you watch the video, UConn had the chance to run out the clock like they usually do. Instead, Geno told them to run the offense, presumably to get a shot for Pulido. Kudos to Geno for calling that.

Reaction Score
I thought it was Dolson who recruited them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you watch the video, UConn had the chance to run out the clock like they usually do. Instead, Geno told them to run the offense, presumably to get a shot for Pulido. Kudos to Geno for calling that.

and then stuffed Syracuse from even getting a shot off at the end. :cool:

Reaction Score

Bingo! You got them all, except that there was also Bria Hartley to add to the confusion. Cocohusky's thread was "I see you, Tierney Lawlor."
Follow up: Pulido didn't become an MD, but she is working in the field of science in the Miami area (also Tiffany's hometown). Tierney, I last heard, is working on the land. Happy endings!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who remembers Marci Czel's three pointer as a starter or Christine Rigby's 21 points on senior night? Moments like the ones mentioned on this thread are what I live for! ❤

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom