Wake Forest at Syracuse | The Boneyard

Wake Forest at Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a pretty big game for the Big East, and close to a must win. While Wake will be better, I hope that Syracuse will be a little better too. If Syracuse loses this game, we will start to really hear it about the Big East.

Reaction Score
it would be huge for the BE if the cuse win i agree..but BE wont hear it on just one game with two pretty equal teams.

Reaction Score
The thought of rooting for Syracuse in anything makes me sick to my stomach, but at the same time, I understand the importance of a strong Big East, especially in the upcoming year or two. I think I'll just steer clear of this game all together.

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for everyone to win their OOC games except Rutgers just because their fans have this arrogance with nothing to back it up

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This game is on no one's radar. It's not even on TV....only ESPN3. Like someone said, the game is a toss up. Grobe is a good coach with a solid team and Cuse is just OK this year. It would be great if Cuse won, but it won't mean that much to conference perception if they lost.

Reaction Score
Need to win as when they tote up games against AQ teams if have losing record get hammered. Of course if have winning record then the talking heads start looking at who we beat, but at least need them to have to get to that conversation and not be 5 and 12.

Reaction Score
we are 4-25 at home against BCS teams in the last 6 years. if nothing else, i think that makes this a very important game for cuse to at least play well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a good win for the league, let's be serious.

Reaction Score
Watched game in NYS on Time Warner. SU actually became more aggressive on both sides of the ball as game progressed and confidence grew. Nassib was really tentative in first half as was entire offense, but looked really effective and capable as game went on. Receiver Chew was impressive. As we have noticed in past most SU fans had departed when momentum had swung. Clearly Wakes's loss of QB hurt as they were unable to move ball and use up clock, but that takes nothing from offensive effectiveness of SU. In end, win was needed by SU and is good for BE. I think Wake will win some games---if they had put up six a few times in first half, rather than FGs, and one missed FG---they would have put this one out of reach. Way Cuse came back and showed great aggressiveness should bode well for their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom