Waive the entrance fees | The Boneyard

Waive the entrance fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Seems at this point the least they can do for the schools joining us is to waive the entrance fees.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seems at this point the least they can do for the schools joining us is to waive the entrance fees.

Why?

This ain't a charity - if they're coming in, they write the check.

I'm not hard-hearted, though. Navy can have a 5% off coupon code.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Why?

Is navy coming in with all sports?

zls44

Reaction Score
I was thinking that it'd be nice for the University of Connecticut to try and not be the publicly-stated enemy of every FBS program they come across.

Reaction Score
I say we group the new schools and call them the non Catholic 7 (NC7)

We wait 6 years and then kick their ass out and keep their NCAA credits.

We can then split the $100,000 three ways.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was thinking that it'd be nice for the University of Connecticut to try and not be the publicly-stated enemy of every FBS program they come across.

Yeah, let's get on Tulane's good side - I'm sure that will pay tons of dividends down the road.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why?

If they agree to come early before 5:00pm

zls44

Reaction Score
Yeah, let's get on Tulane's good side - I'm sure that will pay tons of dividends down the road.

Seven schools for future non-con scheduling when you dont want to pay a MAC school a million for a one-off.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i want to bank scrilla. if its $5 from tulane vs free, i'll take the 5 bucks

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seven schools for future non-con scheduling when you dont want to pay a MAC school a million for a one-off.

What kind of cotton candy world do you live in that you think waiving the entrance fee for this collection of driftwood will ever pay a dividend? They'd charge you full boat to play them in the non-conference because that's how the real world works.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What kind of cotton candy world do you live in that you think waiving the entrance fee for this collection of driftwood will ever pay a dividend? They'd charge you full boat to play them in the non-conference because that's how the real world works.
Once they have the majority they will immediately jack up the exit fees to 20 million and put the conference tourney in Biloxi.

Reaction Score
I wrote this in another thread.

New schools are getting this:

1. $1.6m a year more in TV money than they received in their previous conference
2. $2m next year in split BCS money
3. $1m given to them out of the goodness of our hearts
4. Around $20m in Notre Dame and Rutgers exit fees split 10 ways
5. Around $20m in NCAA tourney credits from this year which all the departing schools are foregoing and which will be split 10 ways.

Reaction Score
Seems at this point the least we can do is keep every bloody cent UConn deserves. As upstater quantified, all of the schools soon to newly associate with UConn end up financially better off than their current status. Not a dime back!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I believe ND doesn't pay exit fee.

pj

Reaction Score
I wrote this in another thread.

New schools are getting this:

1. $1.6m a year more in TV money than they received in their previous conference
2. $2m next year in split BCS money
3. $1m given to them out of the goodness of our hearts
4. Around $20m in Notre Dame and Rutgers exit fees split 10 ways
5. Around $20m in NCAA tourney credits from this year which all the departing schools are foregoing and which will be split 10 ways.

Presumably the entrance fees are payable out of these disbursements, not upfront. There's no reason to forego the entrance fees, none of the new entrants earned those disbursements.

Reaction Score
I believe ND doesn't pay exit fee.

In theory you are correct but...

"Notre Dame and the Big East now must come to an agreement if the Fighting Irish want to join the ACC this summer."

"Nobody's going to let Notre Dame just leave," a Big East source said. "It needs to be negotiated."

"Unlike other league members, Notre Dame has a unique situation with the Big East that if it provides 27 months notice, the school does not have to pay an exit fee. Other league members must provide the 27 months notice and pay the league's exit fee, currently $10 million. To leave before 27 months, Big East schools have negotiated paying higher exit fees."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ool-negotiate-big-east-exit-according-sources

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems at this point the least we can do is keep every bloody cent UConn deserves. As upstater quantified, all of the schools soon to newly associate with UConn end up financially better off than their current status. Not a dime back!

Sure, but the entrance fees would then go to the league coffers to be shared by the league 12 ways (since RU and UL are still here next year when they join). So all the entrace fees are really only cents on the dollar anyway. It works well when one team or two come into a large group. When 7 are added to 3 (5), it doesn't amount to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom