Waiting to see where we are today | The Boneyard

Waiting to see where we are today

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well this imo is a new UConn team for the fact I thought preseason we would be a great outside shooting team dominated by guards. That may have changed now with our injuries. I think our bigs will play even an more important part as we move forward this season. We have height this season and lots of it. I like Liv up top with Dorka down low. Liv is a good passer and both have good moves underneath. I expect both to hit the boards hard. Liv up top allows everybody else to cut and move around to create opportunities for themselves and their team mates.

We had alot of ballhandleing guards to start the season, but for now thats diminished. This means we have to find ways to break the full court press and that leaves Evina and Caroline as the two to make it happen. Caroline has shown glimpses of stardom with her moves and passing. We need more of that on display today and here on out the season. Evina is now our leader and CW needs to hit her outside shots to help open things up. Edwards seems to be in a funk and Im hoping this time off has helped her get out of it. We really need her with our short bench. Amari could be imo the secret weapon. Whether its today or later this season. Shes a back to the basket player with good footwork and a very calm player. Im hoping for today to be her break out game.

So I will wait and expect the unexpected today. Either way we should have the look of a different UConn team then we expected. I believe we can win this game because of out height if our height plays strong and stays out of foul trouble. We will need to do alot of things today that we've seem in spurts over the last 2 games. One thing is for sure....its gonna be fun to watch this group.

Reaction Score
Good post. First we need guards who can shoot from the outside and who can make a successful pass to bigs on the inside. The bigs we have today can do the job if the guards can do their job. And the bigs do have the height to pass from the inside to some one open on the outside. Sometimes it seems that some folks do not show up to play while a few are there working very hard. No more Paige to rely upon, so we need all five to seven really working hard to do the job.

Reaction Score
I've started thinking of this season as an egg salad sandwich. I like bread but I hate egg salad. We started this season looking scary good. That's the bread on the top of the sandwich. And with Paige and the other walking wounded projected to return by February we may finish this season looking scary good. That's the bread on the bottom of the sandwich.

But for now, we've just got to get through the egg salad in the middle.

Reaction Score
I've started thinking of this season as an egg salad sandwich. I like bread but I hate egg salad. We started this season looking scary good. That's the bread on the top of the sandwich. And with Paige and the other walking wounded projected to return by February we may finish this season looking scary good. That's the bread on the bottom of the sandwich.

But for now, we've just got to get through the egg salad in the middle.
And I like eggs, and I like mayo... just not together.

Reaction Score
The team is now #11 - out of the Top Ten for the 1st time in 313 weeks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The team is now #11 - out of the Top Ten for the 1st time in 313 weeks.
1E8449BD-89B2-4A30-91FA-4C8E5161968D.jpeg

Reaction Score
...and here I thought the egg salad was the upcoming BigEast schedule. ;)

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
By the end of January I'm hoping to see a lot of:
Aaliyah
Azzi
Caroline
Dorka
Nika.
Followed by:
Amari
Aubrey
Evina
Olivia
Followed by:
Piath
Christyn

If Paige is cleared to play this year I'm hoping they require her to gradually increase her playing time. Not only to protect her health but to allow the other kids to continue to develop without depending on her to carry the team.

What else can I say? At this point in time I think this could be very effective and interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom