Waiting for news in the offseason… | The Boneyard

Waiting for news in the offseason…

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This cracked me up

Very funny. Dogs are not dumb. That dog knew the truck was going to stop, pet him/her and give it a treat.......for free no less. My neighbor's dog (Bailey) does the same thing when she sees me in the front yard.

She comes over half way and barks at me. She's barking at me to let me know she's out there, and would like a treat. I always oblige. My 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter likes to give her treats too. She's not afraid to let Bailey take teats out of her hand. :cool:

Reaction Score
Very funny. Dogs are not dumb. That dog knew the truck was going to stop, pet him/her and give it a treat.......for free no less. My neighbor's dog (Bailey) does the same thing when she sees me in the front yard.

She comes over half way and barks at me. She's barking at me to let me know she's out there, and would like a treat. I always oblige. My 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter likes to give her treats too. She's not afraid to let Bailey take teats out of her hand. :cool:
As a rule it is best to check with a dog's owner to see if they mind your giving their pet a treat. Some dogs have allergies and medical conditions that would make some treats bad for them. Many pet owners also watch the calorie intake of their pet to avoid obesity and take treats into account. I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon here, but as a dog owner I discourage random acts of treat kindness.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As a rule it is best to check with a dog's owner to see if they mind your giving their pet a treat. Some dogs have allergies and medical conditions that would make some treats bad for them. Many pet owners also watch the calorie intake of their pet to avoid obesity and take treats into account. I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon here, but as a dog owner I discourage random acts of treat kindness.
I agree. My neighbor is ALWAYS present when I give Bailey a treat. She’s a house pet and only comes out with them. I‘ve already showed them the bag (Milk bone dog biscuits). Both the husband and wife approve. ;)

Reaction Score
This cracked me up

I can totally relate.
Friends Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member