Wait! What? Mulkey suspended for the first NCAA game? | The Boneyard

Wait! What? Mulkey suspended for the first NCAA game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Is this from recruiting violations with Griner last season?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey suspended for criticism

I'm still rolling my eyes over her complaints. Baylor got some unbelievable calls in their favor in the second half of that game, three Cards players fouled out and another had 4 fouls. Yes, the game was extremely physical but many of those calls were bogus.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Criticizing officials in the Louisville loss....

LINK

Reaction Score
Thanks. I knew she had been critical of the officials. Somehow I missed the penalty ruling.

Reaction Score
Yeah i missed the announcement of the suspension.... but holy moly.... it was pointed out earlier in thread that baylor got THE BENEFIT of many calls..... i am still trying to figure out where the foul was that they called on lvilld when odyssey drove to the basket desperation style with just a few seconds left.... Mulkey should have been kissing ref's feet instead she teed off on refs after the game on sara hammond flop (50 50 call) and the last foul call on grinner which put lvilld gal to line to win it.... which was an OBVIOUS hack foul what is mulkey thinking? is she crazy

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey suspended for criticism

I'm still rolling my eyes over her complaints. Baylor got some unbelievable calls in their favor in the second half of that game, three Cards players fouled out and another had 4 fouls. Yes, the game was extremely physical but many of those calls were bogus.

I'm a Uconn fan thru and thru and not a fan of either Mulkey or Griner but that game and the way Griner was mugged was a travesty.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm a Uconn fan thru and thru and not a fan of either Mulkey or Griner but that game and the way Griner was mugged was a travesty.

Ah, the re-writing of basketball history continues.

Watch the game.
Notice what happens 7 or so minutes in, after Hammond gets yet ANOTHER foul called on her.
See how the physical play ceases.
Recognize that you're simply adding to the mythos of the game by using words like "mugged" and "travesty."

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The way the refs fouled out Shoni, Hammond, and Bria Smith, and had Vails at 4 was the travesty. Yeah, I know that Mulkey's crying and over-the-top antics and the whining of Bears fans like ett over here have made everyone remember the game as a 40 minute one-sided rumble, but as TJI says, watch the game again and you will see far less physical play than the Baylor fans can dream up and far more of the refs basically giving the Bears the calls with 24 PFs to only 14 for the supposedly courteous Baylor team. Shoni's reaction to her miracle flip layup has also colored perceptions.

The fact of the matter is that Louisville played in a Big East conference where tough defense is the norm. Baylor played in a B12 conference where defense is often done with a red cape. During the last 5 tourneys, BEast teams made 10 appearances in the FF and the B12 teams made 4. When you play tough defense, that happened.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think the suspension was announced shortly after the tourney last year. Most of us forgot about it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the 1st time I remember an NCAA tournament suspension for an infraction that happened the year before since Rod Sellars gave Laettner the business over 20 years ago.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Why did she recruit Griner last season? :)
There were some infractions discovered about her recruitment of Griner that led to losing some scholarships and some other penalties...I thought it might have been related to that.

Reaction Score
Hi guys. I've been gone a while, family and medical reasons, but I'm back.

We're as good this year as two players primarily can carry us. Obviously, if Sims is off, then by Sweet 16 we would become risky. Nina Davis is a surprise to everyone. Will probably get some national Freshman AA notice. But she can't carry the team offensively at the level of playing Elite 8--particularly vs. Notre Dame on their home court to advance. At the sweet 16/elite 8 level, we would need Odyssey' 30 ppg and Davis' more recent 15-20 ppg to be in the hunt. And Robertson is a streak shooter. Either she's got the stroke of 6-8 from the arc or she can just as easily go 1-7 and be insignifcant

But if both of those are on their game and Robertson is just somehwere near "warm" , this team is every bit as sneaky in getting to FFour as our 2005 team was. That team was a #2 national seed as well.

We're just a really unknown when it comes to consistent play vs. really good opponents. But can't wait. I don't think anyone around here realistcally says we could win out even against your guys, but the possibility of playing through a pretty good draw and then making it a one-game season vs. Notre Dame for the chance at aother FF appearance (insert legitmate boneyard joke, "the difference between Geno's guys and everybody elses? Geno's guys play for national championships; everybody else plays for trip to the Final Four t-shirts).

But reality says for us, this year, beating Notre Dame at their place to advance would be a pretty fine season based on preseason projections.

Have a fun ride. And why not . . . hope to see you in the Final Game.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Is Baylorprof the anti ETT?

Can they coexist in the same space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics