Wait Till Next Year! | The Boneyard

Wait Till Next Year!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
“Wait till next year!” It’s a refrain that’s been around as long as teams have been playing sports. Whenever a team ends its season by falling short of their ultimate goal, the players and their fans express both the need for some comfort for the season just ended, as well as optimism for the season yet to come with the eternal cry, “Wait till next year.”

This is true for almost every team in every sport. Yet for some teams, those incredibly fortunate teams that win championships, there is just joy and exhilaration. It has been that way for UConn eleven times, including the last four seasons in a row. This year, in a year when they were supposedly vulnerable (no experience, size or depth) the Huskies overcame every obstacle they faced, until last night, and so, “There is no joy in Mudville, Mighty UConn has bowed out.”

But what about next year? All those concerns that were present back in November will all be strengths of next year’s UConn WBB team. Four starters return, three 1st Team AA’s, a likely NDPOY, four potential POY candidates including Z, size up front, a bench that could go 10+ deep, and if Geno can find her enough minutes in the rotation, maybe a NFOY in Megan Walker.

With next year’s UConn team in mind, I heartily urge suffering Husky fans everywhere to take a moment to express that age-old sentiment, “WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!”

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As I sit with my morning coffee, wondering if I will watch Sunday night's final ( I think I will - Go Mississippippi State - I like Vic), I can say even tough I'm disappointed, I'm also excited for the next season.

As Geno had said, it wasn't if but when a loss would come. The streak would end. And history will be kind to the streak because of its magnitude. But next season starts now - at least for we fans.

UConn Women's Basketball is still the program of class and grace from the Geno right on down. There will be the tears from the girls, and justafiably so, but they will move forward. We won't see it for a while but the determination they should all season will come back with a vengeance. The leassons will be learned. This was supposed to be the down year. Well last night may be the downer but it was a great season! Most teams would die for a 36 - 1 record and a trip to the Final Four. Most teams will never get there.

We fans are blessed with a great program, with great student athletes, great coaches that give us untold joy for 5+ months out of the year.

So I raise my coffee mug in a toast to UConn Women's Basketball. And out new mantra for next season should be -

WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite quotes:

isorokuyamamoto1.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As I sit with my morning coffee, wondering if I will watch Sunday night's final ( I think I will - Go Mississippippi State - I like Vic), I can say even tough I'm disappointed, I'm also excited for the next season.

As Geno had said, it wasn't if but when a loss would come. The streak would end. And history will be kind to the streak because of its magnitude. But next season starts now - at least for we fans.

UConn Women's Basketball is still the program of class and grace from the Geno right on down. There will be the tears from the girls, and justafiably so, but they will move forward. We won't see it for a while but the determination they should all season will come back with a vengeance. The leassons will be learned. This was supposed to be the down year. Well last night may be the downer but it was a great season! Most teams would die for a 36 - 1 record and a trip to the Final Four. Most teams will never get there.

We fans are blessed with a great program, with great student athletes, great coaches that give us untold joy for 5+ months out of the year.

So I raise my coffee mug in a toast to UConn Women's Basketball. And out new mantra for next season should be -

WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the very best posts I've seen in the aftermath of last night's games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom