Wait.. it'll cost $14.5M to make this move? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wait.. it'll cost $14.5M to make this move?

Reaction Score
Who authorized Herbst on her way out the door and Benedict who has not figured out how to end the Ollie debacle to make this move? The Board of Trustees needs to get some answers as this move is not cheap( AAC buyout/Big East entry fee), no TV revenue for football, and they are continuing to lose $22 million on Olympic sports with no cuts there. Yay UCONN golf, tennis and cross country! What a cluster!

Reaction Score
Total speculation on my part but some of the exit fees could come from private donors. I don’t think it would be a terribly difficult sell to some of them on saving the basketball programs given the reaction to the move.

Reaction Score
Who authorized Herbst on her way out the door and Benedict who has not figured out how to end the Ollie debacle to make this move? The Board of Trustees needs to get some answers as this move is not cheap( AAC buyout/Big East entry fee), no TV revenue for football, and they are continuing to lose $22 million on Olympic sports with no cuts there. Yay UCONN golf, tennis and cross country! What a cluster!
Dude you don't get it, we refused to pay Ollie his buyout so we could have the money in hand to pay THIS buyout.

B12

Reaction Score
The AAC is not going to be in any mood to reduce UConn's payout. My bet is they play hardball and demand the full payout. They have nothing to lose.
I agree. They feel like UConn stuck around to collect the Big East $ and then left them hanging weeks after signing the new TV deal with ESPN.

This is going to be way more expensive than I realized.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum. Do you partake in crack?
Like he said, you don't understand finance so you call it dumb.
Is it doable? Maybe. But there isn't an ice cubes chance in hell that anyone in this administration is going to be creative or brave enough to think outside the box.
The scenario is highly unlikely to be approached but the bonding aspect is very conceivable due to ramifications of the new tax laws and folks looking for tax relief and a laddered bonding fund could be used. For crying out loud, the damn state and towns bond every capital improvement and this is definitely an improvement over the AAC and NBE - by a long shot. UConn could issue revenue bonds for the "project"
Back to this NBE issue:
The more I read about this NBE deal, especially the finances involved, the more uneasy I get. It's being brought forward as -"and by the way......................" In the end it's going to cost a lot more than most think.
In Herbst and co. I do not have trust

Reaction Score
Like he said, you don't understand finance so you call it dumb.
I understand that the B1G does not give a flying about $100m from UConn. They bring in like $450m annually off TV alone.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The snark in me says that we made this move because the wbb fan base doesn’t know how to use their smart TVs.
“Grandma, you need to get a Roku.”
“What?”
“Roku”
“Gesundheit sweetie.”

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Give it all to the decision makers in that conference in unmarked envelopes. That's probably what Louisville did with the ACC.

In cash. You'll probably need a bag or a briefcase...maybe several.

One of my aunts is fond of saying: "Money isn't everything, but there's damn little it won't buy."

Ironically, she lives in Storrs. She's 101 years old.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

These people spend more money they don't have like drunken sailors on extended shore leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom