Wagner | The Boneyard

Wagner

Reaction Score
Not many years ago I was on a date night with my wife while UConn was playing Wagner, figuring that I could build up some good will during an easy game so I would be able to watch more important games later. We lost to Wagner. Fast forward to this week when we won two of three games in the Bahamas, and lost a close game to a tough opponent without one of our most important players. We won two tough overtime games. We are undefeated with our full team. Kansas lost to Dayton and Alabama lost to Iona- teams struggle. I don’t understand why we are so fatalistic after these games- like we wouldn’t have any adversity this year. I think when we are fresh the 3 pointers will fall
More regularly. My main concern is definitely the inability to give Cole a break, but he has been great. He has even been able to get by his defender (obviously he will never be bout or kemba be he has been effective at this).
After the Bahamas my thoughts on this team are that I’d we can hit a few 3s and give cole some rest. We are going to win a lot of games.

Reaction Score
Not many years ago I was on a date night with my wife while UConn was playing Wagner, figuring that I could build up some good will during an easy game so I would be able to watch more important games later. We lost to Wagner. Fast forward to this week when we won two of three games in the Bahamas, and lost a close game to a tough opponent without one of our most important players. We won two tough overtime games. We are undefeated with our full team. Kansas lost to Dayton and Alabama lost to Iona- teams struggle. I don’t understand why we are so fatalistic after these games- like we wouldn’t have any adversity this year. I think when we are fresh the 3 pointers will fall
More regularly. My main concern is definitely the inability to give Cole a break, but he has been great. He has even been able to get by his defender (obviously he will never be bout or kemba be he has been effective at this).
After the Bahamas my thoughts on this team are that I’d we can hit a few 3s and give cole some rest. We are going to win a lot of games.

These games exposed some real weaknesses...things that don't surface in 50 point blowouts. Some real concerns:

Ball handling/point guard play. Cole has done an admirable job, but he needs help;
Sanogo really needs to get a feel for when to kick it back out. Somebody has got to be open when he is doubled;
Minutes for Hawkins and Diggins, these kids have the skills we need most, get them comfortable sooner rather than later;

6-1 is a good record, gotta be happy there. Lots of potential, but lots of work needed to get there. I'm proud the guys won a total rockfight today though. It shows they can do it.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. A couple of years ago we had a couple blow out losses this time of the year - I believe one to Arkansas in which we lost by 35. We also lost to Yale and Northeastern.

The program has definitely turned it around. We are 6-1 and ranked in the top 25. We came in third in a tournament that has last years national champion as well a perennial powerhouse in MSU (which we only lost to by four). I’ll admit today’s came was sloppy but we’ve played three games in three days.

I agree there are some things that need to be worked out but as a whole I think the team is trending in the right direction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom