Wagner Roster/Stats | The Boneyard

Wagner Roster/Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wagner Seahawks 2016-17 Team Player Roster - College Basketball - ESPN

What does anyone know about them at all? Top 2 guys average 13 and 12 on the pts side, the guard shooting 40% from 3 while the swing guy at 6'5" (means 6'3 1/2") gets 9 plus boards which is impressive. A couple others averaging 8 plus points so they have some numbers returning. Based on the physical stats certainly will be smallish but that means little. I did not see them at all last year so customs if anyone did tune in at all.

No matter, it's a much better game for our guys out of the gate than Maine would be. I like the test because they will be experienced and not scared to play UConn I don't believe.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

What does anyone know about them at all? Top 2 guys average 13 and 12 on the pts side, the guard shooting 40% from 3 while the swing guy at 6'5" (means 6'3 1/2") gets 9 plus boards which is impressive. A couple others averaging 8 plus points so they have some numbers returning. Based on the physical stats certainly will be smallish but that means little. I did not see them at all last year so customs if anyone did tune in at all.

No matter, it's a much better game for our guys out of the gate than Maine would be. I like the test because they will be experienced and not scared to play UConn I don't believe.
Should be very good competition...we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
I was listening to WTIC 1080 yesterday afternoon and the guy with Joe D. said something along the lines of UConn being a 35 point favorite.

Who does someone that clueless get an on air gig?

Reaction Score
I was listening to WTIC 1080 yesterday afternoon and the guy with Joe D. said something along the lines of UConn being a 35 point favorite.

Who does someone that clueless get an on air gig?

Thats Gresch I think. He's clueless about hoops from what I remember. Knows a little football because he played some Divy1AA school.

Reaction Score
They have no one on the roster over 6-8. But they have some beefy boys. I suspect that we will run right by them (in this must win game).

Reaction Score
They have no one on the roster over 6-8. But they have some beefy boys. I suspect that we will run right by them (in this must win game).
Hopefully one of Brimah or Enoch will step up and score a few easy buckets over the top of the defense. Make them collapse on our bigs more, freeing up some outside jumpers.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

They play a low/mid schedule in the low/mid conference, which hints at the reason for the rebounding numbers for a small wing, and the decent record. Other than us, the only time they are likely to find themselves over their heads this year is providence.
From what I can gather info-wise, I'd call them not quite as big a challenge as SCSU.

Reaction Score
They play a low/mid schedule in the low/mid conference, which hints at the reason for the rebounding numbers for a small wing, and the decent record. Other than us, the only time they are likely to find themselves over their heads this year is providence.
From what I can gather info-wise, I'd call them not quite as big a challenge as SCSU.

They hung with both the Johnnies and Seton Hall and beat St Bonaventure in the NIT so I'm guessing they are better than SCSU by a decent margin. But again, if our guys are ready and don't come out nervous/rusty then they should take care of business. I agree looking at the league they won't blow you away but many of the guys return and will have improved. A good game I believe for a while unless our guys really impress.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Based on my not knowing anything about the team, I'm fairly certain that one of their 5'11" guards will score something like 27 points against us. And then everyone here will ask why we didn't recruit that guy.

Reaction Score
Based on my not knowing anything about the team, I'm fairly certain that one of their 5'11" guards will score something like 27 points against us. And then everyone here will ask why we didn't recruit that guy.
Hey maybe he'd transfer!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
They hung with both the Johnnies and Seton Hall

If the fact that the hung with an 8 and 24 team to the tune of a 9 point loss is what you're hanging their hat on, then I think you're proving my point more than yours.

I'l give you the Seton Hall reference, though.

Reaction Score
If the fact that the hung with an 8 and 24 team to the tune of a 9 point loss is what you're hanging their hat on, then I think you're proving my point more than yours.

I'l give you the Seton Hall reference, though.

Damn I didn't know they were that bad last year, you got me. Not only is Wagner comparable to SCSU but I didn't bang your ex-girlfriend either, I admit it ALL.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom