VPI-UConn thread 530 start | Page 4 | The Boneyard

VPI-UConn thread 530 start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man that 9th inning made me nervous. Good job by the Huskies. We are a good team -- this is no fluke. As long as we play with confidence, we have the talent and now the momentum. Hope they ride it out.

Reaction Score
Not that I wanna talk too soon or anything but I couldn't believe what I heard during the NCAA selection show. The ACC hasn't won a College World Series since the 1950's?? I mean really. Besides UNC seems there's no difference between any of those ACC teams and the teams in the Big East yet the Big East is the one known as a joke and many worthy teams like Pitt and ND were left out.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Well done...

We have a 1-0 record against Oklahoma in baseball. Time to make it 2-0!

Looks like Gray went today. If we can avoid him (which we obviously will now), I think getting out of the Regional is a definite possibility. Great win for the Huskies. Becoming a NE powerhouse. Would love for UConn to be the one school in the NE that cares about baseball. I think it could work.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Not that I wanna talk too soon or anything but I couldn't believe what I heard during the NCAA selection show. The ACC hasn't won a College World Series since the 1950's?? I mean really. Besides UNC seems there's no difference between any of those ACC teams and the teams in the Big East yet the Big East is the one known as a joke and many worthy teams like Pitt and ND were left out.

Freakin Wake Forest in 1958. For all the bluster the ACC throws around in baseball, their claim to fame is a title 50 years ago by Wake freakin Forest. LOL.

Reaction Score
American Champions (@American_Champs)
5/31/13, 9:31 PM
Great start at NCAA Baseball Championship as Louisville beats Bowling Green 8-3 and UConn tops Virginia Tech 5-2.

Reaction Score
Looks like Gray went today. If we can avoid him (which we obviously will now), I think getting out of the Regional is a definite possibility. Great win for the Huskies. Becoming a NE powerhouse. Would love for UConn to be the one school in the NE that cares about baseball. I think it could work.

OU Nation (@OUnation)
5/31/13, 9:27 PM
“@OU_Baseball: Tomorrow's pitching match-up against UConn: LHP Dillon Overton (9-2, 2.89) vs. RHP Jordan Tabakman (6-2, 2.50).” #fb

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Man that 9th inning made me nervous. Good job by the Huskies. We are a good team -- this is no fluke. As long as we play with confidence, we have the talent and now the momentum. Hope they ride it out.
I don't know what it was about this game, but I was more nervous in the later innings than during our football games - and I'm a much bigger football fan.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Norman, OK getting hammered by tornado-like weather tonight. Wonder if it may be on their mind tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Norman, OK getting hammered by tornado-like weather tonight. Wonder if it may be on their mind tomorrow.

Not as much as it will be on these folks minds:

Michigan Softball (@umichsoftball)
5/31/13, 8:26 PM
Riding out the storm together: Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida, Washington teams/fans all together in underground garage #OKC

Women's Regional in OKC

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know what it was about this game, but I was more nervous in the later innings than during our football games - and I'm a much bigger football fan.
Same.

Reaction Score

They make their reps starting early and playing lots of early season games at or near home in good weather. Plus their unis look good. Amazing that level of underachieving merits such deference when tourney time comes..

Reaction Score

It's pretty simple. We are all grasping for things that keep UConn in the top eschelon of NCAA sporting events. I was a bigger women's hoops fan than ever and we are all taking great pleasure in KO's hoops success and recruiting. UConn just has to keep winning and good will happen. The fact that it was beating a former BE team that is now in the ACC only makes it sweater.

Reaction Score

Same.

I can definitely definitely empathize.

Also, how much is it in the minds of Va Tech and ACC brass that we brought many vocal fans into their territory?

Reaction Score
They make their reps starting early and playing lots of early season games at or near home in good weather. Plus their unis look good. Amazing that level of underachieving merits such deference when tourney time comes..
ACC baseball is like ACC football is like ACC basketball. Their reputation over the years is more impressive than their performances. Eventually one of these conference raids is going to make their performance hit their reality. If not, they'll just go looking to bring in top talent from the outside again.

It's a blessing they weren't as successful in raiding the north when Lincoln was prez.

Reaction Score

You too?

Reaction Score

Out of curiosity who else has a formidable program in the Northeast?

Reaction Score
Right now it is Bryant. They were a #3 seed in their regional and just beat Arkansas in the opening game.

Reaction Score
I can definitely definitely empathize.

Also, how much is it in the minds of Va Tech and ACC brass that we brought many vocal fans into their territory?

Not many UConn fans at the game. Those that were there were vocal.

Reaction Score
Proud to be the only #4 seed to knock off a #1 seed in any of the 16 Regionals yesterday. #BleedBlue

Reaction Score
1st game losses by the ACC and SEC to lower seeded teams.

Va Tech
Clemson
Ga. Tech
Florida
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Alabama
TX A&M

Reaction Score
Florida was actually a 3 seed this year, so based on seed only, not an upset.

Giving up a 3-run HR in the 8th up 3-1 sure is a tough way to lose though.

Reaction Score
Missed that Florida was the 3 seed. Regardless Florida losing to Austin Peay is considered an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom