Vote for Steven Glick for Alumni Trustee | The Boneyard

Vote for Steven Glick for Alumni Trustee

Reaction Score
The election is underway for the open alumni position on the Board of Trustees. You should shortly receive your ballot which needs to be returned to reach UConn by August 14. I don't believe being a HS and freshman college basketball player qualifies me for the job, but I trust you'll believe that 30 plus years serving on, and advising, boards in the US and overseas does. So please vote for me, Steven Glick, for your alumni trustee.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Posting once is enough, and this is the best forum.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You mean I shouldn't post under my favorite sports? Just under one? Thanks.

Yes, for two reasons:

1) Once is enough.

2) Five times is too many.

Good luck.

Reaction Score
Yes, for two reasons:

1) Once is enough.

2) Five times is too many.

Good luck.

As I am new to this Forum but not to sports forums, are you following several sports or looking at every post? Just trying to learn the etiquette or understand how you saw my three (I believe) similar threads but in separate sports. Thanks.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Posts for new members have to be approved by a moderator.

Reaction Score
The election is underway for the open alumni position on the Board of Trustees. You should shortly receive your ballot which needs to be returned to reach UConn by August 14. I don't believe being a HS and freshman college basketball player qualifies me for the job, but I trust you'll believe that 30 plus years serving on, and advising, boards in the US and overseas does. So please vote for me, Steven Glick, for your alumni trustee.
Paper ballot required by CT State Legislature received and returned by mail. 100% independent of what you posted above, Glick's career and trustee experience, including on the School of Law's board, exhibit substantially more successful career and related trustee experience than all but maybe 1 other candidate. 1 vote cast for Glick!

Reaction Score
Paper ballot required by CT State Legislature received and returned by mail. 100% independent of what you posted above, Glick's career and trustee experience, including on the School of Law's board, exhibit substantially more successful career and related trustee experience than all but maybe 1 other candidate. 1 vote cast for Glick!

Thanks. I do believe I am qualified. Also of great importance, I have the time to commit to the role. In my experience, that is often a challenge for some board members.

Reaction Score

Thanks again and please tell your UConn grad friends also to vote, preferably for Glick! :)

Reaction Score

I thought a few of you might be interested a reading excerpts of a talk I gave at the Law School in April at a reception for scholarship recipients and donors. It helps explain in part why I "give back" and wish to do so in non-financial ways too, like Board service:

"Dean Fisher, Donors, Scholars, Students, Faculty and Administrators,

Good evening and welcome to the Scholarship Reception, which affords an opportunity for donors, like me, to meet the UConn Law students who are the recipients of their giving. These scholarship students are able, in small part, to fulfill their professional dreams because of donors' investment in their futures.
I wanted to take a few minutes of your time today to explain why I became a donor. Donors' reasons for giving are varied. This is but one story.
The ...International Law Scholarship was established by me 25 years ago on the occasion of my father's 60th birthday and I've added funds to the scholarship over the years.
My father graduated from the prestigious Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan in the late 1940s. At that time, he had no choice but to join his family's small glass store business in the Yorkville section of Manhattan... When anyone asks my father where he went to college, he has for decades responded: "UCLA - University on the Corner of Lexington Avenue." But this didn't disguise the respect he had for learning and education, and I was a great benefactor of that respect.
When I arrived at the Law School in 1981 I had already spent six years in university, receiving a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree. And my father paid for every penny of those two degrees, as well as for my tuition for three years at the Law School. He would often, jokingly, tell people that I didn't have a full-time job or get off his payroll until I was 27 But it was no joke. I was lucky and greatly appreciated the opportunities afforded to me but not available to many other students. That was one of the main reasons why I established the scholarship.

But I also gave back because I loved [UConn], its students, its faculty and its administration, the Law Review and the International Law Society. Over the years, I am so pleased that I have gotten to know every dean of the Law School since I graduated in 1984. My wife and I have had the pleasure of hosting alumni receptions in London and Los Angeles, and I have spoken to students on my visits to the campus from Europe or the West Coast. I also have served on the Law School Foundation board. And I had the distinct honor of accompanying Professor (later Dean) McGill and Professor Janis to China in the late 1980s to help establish the international law program with Beijing's University of International Business and Economics, and also contributed to the first two editions of the ABA's Careers in International Law, edited by Professor Janis.
But it's the...International Law Scholarship of which I'm most proud. The fundraising priority for the Law School is scholarships. And with law school applications nationally on a downward trend for the better part of this decade, scholarships help the school enroll the best students available, like Samantha Bishop, class of 2017 and the current...International Law Scholar, who is with us today and who you will hear from shortly.

I hope that the donors here today are able to begin, if they haven't already, to build lasting relationship with student scholars. After all, I know you have much in common.
Finally, thank you donors for your support of these students which helps the Law School remain the best public law school in the Northeast, and one that offers exceptional value in legal education. And thank you student scholars - your scholarship, your academic study and achievement, your learning at a high level contributes in no small way to the school's intellectual environment and high academic standing.

Thank you one and all for being here."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thank you - good luck.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I do believe I am qualified. Also of great importance, I have the time to commit to the role. In my experience, that is often a challenge for some board members.
particularly for the person being replaced

Reaction Score
particularly for the person being replaced

Not in a position to respond to that comment...

However, in order to better serve as an alumni trustee, there is one campaign promise I certainly can make. If elected, in the first six months of my term I promise to visit with alumni groups in the following cities to get a first-hand impression of what they think the University should be doing better or differently:

Boston
Hartford
Los Angeles
New Haven
New York
Philadelphia
San Diego
San Francisco
Washington, D.C.

I will plan similar visits to cities in the South, Southwest, Midwest and Northwest in 2018 and first quarter of 2019.

And with any luck, I'll get to see some UConn games (or some of my son's Div I soccer games) when on the alumni road.

Please vote for me, Steve Glick.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is current, but it appears to be.

Alumni Trustees | UConn Alumni

Congrats to Jeanine!

Jeanine Armstrong Gouin ’87 (ENG)
Jeanine Armstrong Gouin ’87 (ENG) was elected to serve the 2017-2021 term. Jeanine is managing director and vice president of Milone & MacBroom Inc., one of the largest consulting firms in the northeast that provides civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land survey services. Milone & MacBroom Inc. is proud to have hired many UConn graduates over the years and sponsored an endowed scholarship in 2011. Jeanine was inducted into the UConn Academy of Distinguished Engineers in 2014 and is the proud parent of a 2015 UConn alumnus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom