Volunteer State talks Westbrook & UCONN | The Boneyard

Volunteer State talks Westbrook & UCONN

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Volunteer State: Are Lady Vols better off with Jordan Horston than Evina Westbrook?
Page down to the following:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will wait for some tidbits to leak out since I cant click on a orange colored link. :oops:

Reaction Score
given a choice I think I'd take Horston over Westbrook......................

Reaction Score
I have a very hard time comparing two athletes when one of them hasn't even played one collegiate minute.

I agree but simply for discussion purposes I think that Horston appears to be a better two way player based on her play in high school, AAU and international play............Geno obviously liked her a lot, that's why he offered................we'll find out soon enough at least from Horston's standpoint......................not sure what the NCAA will do with Westbrook's appeal............

Reaction Score
Sounds like they are expecting Horston to be the second coming of Holdsclaw/Catching/Parker. Hopefully she will be able to handle the pressure that the Ut faithful are putting on her, maybe Westbrook will guard Horston when the teams meet in January.

It’s crazy that some Volunteers fans see Westbrook as a bust due to expectations and her high school ranking, those fans must not remember the name Mercedes Russell.

Reaction Score
Sounds like they are expecting Horston to be the second coming of Holdsclaw/Catching/Parker. Hopefully she will be able to handle the pressure that the Ut faithful are putting on her, maybe Westbrook will guard Horston when the teams meet in January.

It’s crazy that some Volunteers fans see Westbrook as a bust due to expectations and her high school ranking, those fans must not remember the name Mercedes Russell.
You are exactly right--having lived in Nashville for five years, I still stay in contact with the locals there, and a lot of them in the Volunteer State feel that Westbrook vastly underachieved, and they are ready to move on to Horston. I don't feel averaging 15 and 5 is underachieving, but no doubt Westbrook is wholly tainted in their eyes now that she is transferring to UConn. BTW, judging from the strong sentiment of the talk shows and chat rooms ("It's personal now", is the popular phrase down there), you would have thought that Westbrook has done something akin to sacrilege, did something unpardonable, say singing off key on "Rocky Top", that dreadful mélange of misguided notes. Granted, Westbrook's little tweet: "Sorry, but I'm Not Sorry" was a bit of a dig to the Creamsicles, (they have thematic T-Shirts referencing her tweet planned for Evina when she returns in 2021), but could Vol Nation remotely, possibly understand that a young, gifted player who felt under-coached, and needed more direction in order to fulfill her aspirations to play professionally, maybe perhaps, possibly might consider the 11-time National Champions with 2 Hall of Famers on their coaching staff who have placed Final Four appearances on their regular schedule, and one of the most illustrious programs in all of sports as a possible alternative?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom