Voepel update | The Boneyard

Voepel update

Reaction Score
He and She are one BRAVE individual. Kudos from me for sure. You gotta be yourself if you wanna be anybody and somebody. Sadly, the ignorant hate is likely already headed his way.

BTW, just for the record, I'm straight as an arrow.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
He and She are one BRAVE individual. Kudos from me for sure. You gotta be yourself if you wanna be anybody and somebody. Sadly, the ignorant hate is likely already headed his way.

Ditto. Never judged someone over their gender choices and orientations. Never could quite figure out how it affected me, in any case.

A lot of just plain haters out there. Over pretty much everything.

Reaction Score

1660092141503.png

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I commend M.A./Mike Voepel on not just his journey, but putting it out there publicly.

Voepel is more traditional in the journalistic sense of telling the stories of others rather than making the reporter/journalist/analyst the subject of the story (e.g., Stephen A. Smith). In other words, the Mike's work has always spoken for itself.

In this instance, Mike is now part of the story, opening up his personal life and private journey to the world -- and serving as a role model in the process. It is not easy to have a platform as large as Voepel's and share his story with the world (and opening it up to the cesspool of certain social media users and outlets).

It takes special strength and mental fortitude to do so, which is as impressive as the continued journalistic excellence Mike has shown us for over 25 years.

Reaction Score
Mike stated in one of his recent interviews/columns “that I can finally be on the outside what I knew I was on the inside”.
How can anyone be judgemental or critical of that?
As a tie in, in the early 70’s I worked for several years at a private tennis club on the north shore of Long Island.
Every summer the club would host the a 35 yr and over woman’s tennis tournament.
Renee’ Richards was an annual competitor.
Renee’ Richards, nee Dr Richard Raskind-
world renowned eye surgeon and early pioneer in transitional surgery.
Very brave and well accepted.
Here’s to you Michael.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom