Voepel: UConn lost -- Now what? | The Boneyard

Voepel: UConn lost -- Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There was a moment late in Monday's 88-86 overtime loss at Stanford when UConn coach Geno Auriemma had this pragmatic "OK, so this is how it is," expression on his face.

It wasn't anything like a look of despair that his Huskies' 47-game winning streak might be about to end, or that maybe they weren't going to have yet another perfect season. Nope, it was, "I can't wait to get home and show these jokers what they just did on that play. And then show it to them again. And again. And again."

LINK

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
There was a moment late in Monday's 88-86 overtime loss at Stanford when UConn coach Geno Auriemma had this pragmatic "OK, so this is how it is," expression on his face.

It wasn't anything like a look of despair that his Huskies' 47-game winning streak might be about to end, or that maybe they weren't going to have yet another perfect season. Nope, it was, "I can't wait to get home and show these jokers what they just did on that play. And then show it to them again. And again. And again."

LINK

Yep that sounds like Geno.

Streak? what streak??

Now we are going to practice not only in till we get it right but until we can't get it wrong.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Now we are going to practice not only in till we get it right but until we can't get it wrong.

That about sums it up.

Reaction Score
What was surprising to me was that the players who had end-of-game mental mistakes were all there when the team lost 3 times to ND when they had a lot of the same problems. I thought they had learned.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
What was surprising to me was that the players who had end-of-game mental mistakes were all there when the team lost 3 times to ND when they had a lot of the same problems. I thought they had learned.

not all of the players
some have graduated

Reaction Score
Finally, others see what's going on. An important step is taken towards March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom