Voepel on the Stewie Sweepstakes | The Boneyard

Voepel on the Stewie Sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slightly OT.
Would Morgan be drafted, since she left some uncertainty whether she would stay another year?

Reaction Score
Slightly OT.
Would Morgan be drafted, since she left some uncertainty whether she would stay another year?
She's eligible because of her age. I think this is just for determining draft order for next spring's draft. It's only a big deal because we all know the first pick is going to be Stewie, so after tonight Stewie basically knows where she will be playing come May, and the actual draft is a formality for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Slightly OT.
Probably not - by the time of the draft everyone will know whether she has changed her mind so it would be silly to waste even a late round draft pick

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised, if Moriah too were a franchise-changing player.
Agreed. She's like Mighty Mouse. I think her stint with Team USA this past year (and the quality of her play) really elevated her and showed that she can shine on some of the biggest stages.

Reaction Score
She's eligible because of her age. I think this is just for determining draft order for next spring's draft. It's only a big deal because we all know the first pick is going to be Stewie, so after tonight Stewie basically knows where she will be playing come May, and the actual draft is a formality for her.
Don't forget the possibility of a big trade for the #1 pick. We could assume all year that Stewie is going to whoever wins the lottery tonight. Then, 10 minutes before the #1 pick is announced next April, another team could trade their best player (Taurasi, Delle Donne, Charles?) and their lower #1 pick for the #1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom