VOA: Team prepares for Opals | The Boneyard

VOA: Team prepares for Opals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Coach Geno Auriemma ran the players through a number of drills and worked on strategy for Thursday’s semifinal opponent, Australia. Auriemnna says Australia is a familiar foe, one the U.S. women have beaten in each of the last three Olympic gold medal games.

“It’s all about comfort here, you know. It’s all about us making them uncomfortable, and they’re going to make us uncomfortable, believe me. You know, they punch you, they grab you. They’re really the most physical team in the tournament, no doubt about it. You know those Aussies, they’re a tough bunch,” Auriemma said.

LINK

Good video as well with multi CD sightings....

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Multiple Shea and Marissa sightings, too. Great opportunity for those two! Bet they come back with a lot of ideas for UConn workouts...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A once in a lifetime experience for CD, Shea and Marissa. I'm so glad they're doing this.

And if you check out www.uconnhuskies.com and the Darras photo gallery you'll see some Jamelle sightings. JJ is traveling with the UConn contingent and I'm sure she's been a great support to the staff and the players she mentored at UConn.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/view.gal?id=123039

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Wow! Thanks for the link, Cat! Glad to see that Geno is surrounded by his "UConn family" as well as the Auriemma clan. If he has Sarah and JJ and CD and Shea and Jamelle..how great for everybody concerned! And I may be wrong, but my husband and I thought some of the "manager" people behind the bench in the Canada game looked like UConn kids, too. Add Dee Rowe and Warde Manuel....UConn needs its own plane to get home!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And I may be wrong, but my husband and I thought some of the "manager" people behind the bench in the Canada game looked like UConn kids, too.

Keith Anderson is part of the UConn staff and is compiling video for Team USA. His London blog is at uconnhuskies.com.

In terms of staff, Geno is following the model of Coach K who has used his Duke staff beginning w/ preparations for the 2008 games.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thank you, Cat. I always learn interesting things from your posts. Please consider me one of your many fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom