Vital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's why I belive a real coach could turn Vital into a great player. I don't see any NBA potential, but he has a real chance to be a 2nd or 3rd guard on a top 25 team. But that's only if he's forced to grasp shot selection and develops at least a slightly better handle.
You don't see NBA potential but a "real" coach could turn him into a "great" player and this "great player" could be a 3rd guard ??????
A slightly better handle and better shot selection is all he needs to be a "great" player?
Yeah it's too bad KO isn't a "real" coach
JSMH

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That's why I belive a real coach could turn Vital into a great player. I don't see any NBA potential, but he has a real chance to be a 2nd or 3rd guard on a top 25 team. But that's only if he's forced to grasp shot selection and develops at least a slightly better handle.

With development, Christian could be a very good shooting guard. He's a bulldog defensively, and a pretty good shooter when he's taking good shots. The problem is he's got terrible judgment and just chucks up 5 or 6 threes a game even if his shot isn't there.

If we had another decent scoring option besides Jalen then I think Vital would be much better. I think the point someone made about him trying to do too much because of the lack of talent on the team is real.

Reaction Score
With development, Christian could be a very good shooting guard. He's a bulldog defensively, and a pretty good shooter when he's taking good shots. The problem is he's got terrible judgment and just chucks up 5 or 6 threes a game even if his shot isn't there.

If we had another decent scoring option besides Jalen then I think Vital would be much better. I think the point someone made about him trying to do too much because of the lack of talent on the team is real.

You don't see NBA potential but a "real" coach could turn him into a "great" player and this "great player" could be a 3rd guard ??????
A slightly better handle and better shot selection is all he needs to be a "great" player?
Yeah it's too bad KO isn't a "real" coach
JSMH

Shot selection can, and is, coached. KO DOES NOT hold Larrier, Adams, or CV accountable for bad shots. If he had, this team would be better.

He needed to be holding these guys accountable in November, even last year, to break these bad habits.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So we should bring in more players like Vital? I don't understand what your point here is.
Nope, that's the future.
Be in the present.
Don't needlessly pollute the thread, or mistake others who hold their tongue from harsh criticism with blindness, apathy, or mindless cheering. CV knows he's not perfect, too. None of us are.
Wish for him to mature, grow, know himself, play smart, and contribute as best he can.
I wish that for you and myself also (well, not the playing part, but you get the idea I hope).

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Fan "apathy" has absolutely zilch to do with the team's performance.

That's correct fans not caring about the team's performance has nothing to do with how the team performs.

Reaction Score
Vital if coached properly would shoot better than his 32% from 3. First of all they should be running plays to get him and other players shots at the 3 point line and not 8 feet beyond. Second KO needs to make it clear that those shots are not acceptable. He’s never done that because Vital keeps taking the shots. Calhoun would never let that go on. Coaches need to reign in their players. We only have 4 players that take 3’s regularly, Anderson (22%), Larrier (37%), Jalen (32%) and Vital.

Reaction Score
Christian plays hard on D, rebounds on both ends, and plays with passion. His shot selection isn't the greatest, unless those poor shots go in of course. I definitely agree the lack of offense team wide influences his over aggressive shots. If you were on the court and it took 8 minutes for your team to score you just might be tempted to desperately attempt something too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom